[OT] What's going on?
Bill Cunningham
2017-07-15 17:25:43 UTC
I have noticed here exactly what's going on in alt.os.linux. Maybe other
groups. These posts by the mass, Steve Carroll and "Snit" and so on. What's
going on here?

Bill
Marek Novotny
2017-07-15 18:40:14 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have noticed here exactly what's going on in alt.os.linux. Maybe other
groups. These posts by the mass, Steve Carroll and "Snit" and so on. What's
going on here?
Bill
Trolls wish to pull you into their net. Do not invite them here wish a
question here. It will increase the noise and degrade the quality of
this group. If your usenet client is capable of ignoring certain persons
with a regex fortified feature, I'd recommend using it now.

I believe you helped me in the past with a C recommendation. I'm happy
to answer your question via email but recommend you ignore the mass
posts. If you feed them it will only grow and get worse. Keep your
focus on C. This is an excellent group with excellent people. Don't
plant seeds to degrade it.

In essence, don't feed the troll.
--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny
Bill Cunningham
2017-07-15 20:38:59 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have noticed here exactly what's going on in alt.os.linux. Maybe other
groups. These posts by the mass, Steve Carroll and "Snit" and so on. What's
going on here?
Bill
Trolls wish to pull you into their net. Do not invite them here wish a
question here. It will increase the noise and degrade the quality of
this group. If your usenet client is capable of ignoring certain persons
with a regex fortified feature, I'd recommend using it now.
I believe you helped me in the past with a C recommendation. I'm happy
to answer your question via email but recommend you ignore the mass
posts. If you feed them it will only grow and get worse. Keep your
focus on C. This is an excellent group with excellent people. Don't
plant seeds to degrade it.
In essence, don't feed the troll.
Yes it's Mass posts. Like a machine or something. OK.

Bill
Melzzzzz
2017-07-15 18:49:55 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have noticed here exactly what's going on in alt.os.linux. Maybe other
groups. These posts by the mass, Steve Carroll and "Snit" and so on. What's
going on here?
Same Guy that spams several other news groups. I have him killfiled
earlier in all his incantantions so I don't see his post here.
Snit
2017-07-16 16:49:43 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have noticed here exactly what's going on in alt.os.linux. Maybe other
groups. These posts by the mass, Steve Carroll and "Snit" and so on. What's
going on here?
Bill
Long history, but short answer is I asked a question in COLA which Marek and
his buddy Carroll got really pissed about. The question:

What desktop tasks does Linux handle better than the competition?

Carroll has been working on a Google Groups script for a while and even
posted some of his early work in COLA (showing how he was modifying how his
computer worked with Google Groups). Marek has, apparently, been helping him
(he wants to prove he can script things I cannot... and I admit I cannot
write such a script nor a VPN one he shared -- nor would I want to emulate
either!)

Carroll is now flooding every group I post to... and apparently others. Rick
C. Hodgin contacted me outside of Usenet and talked to me about this group
and the discussion came here.

Not telling others what to do, but I have Carroll's posts set to auto-read
and rarely see them.
--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Snit
2017-07-16 18:18:34 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Bill Cunningham
[...]
For some reason Marek decided to copy this post to another forum. Weird a
bit creepy. I responded to him there, but here is a link to his thread:

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/My$20filter$20is$20active$2C$20thi
s$20is$20a$20postcard.$20/comp.os.linux.advocacy/W6e0n_1xO98/jUofYv2zBwAJ>
OR <https://goo.gl/pWUQis>

Not sure what his game is... and sadly he CAN be a very intelligent and
giving person. Full disclosure, he even sent me a used computer of his which
was VERY kind of him and my family uses it pretty much daily. Works great.
As much as I do not approve of his lying about me I think actions speak
louder than words and his kindness there is VERY much appreciated.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Bill Carson
2017-07-16 18:23:18 UTC
Post by Snit
Not sure what his game is... and sadly he CAN be a very intelligent and
giving person. Full disclosure, he even sent me a used computer of his
which was VERY kind of him and my family uses it pretty much daily.
Works great. As much as I do not approve of his lying about me I think
actions speak louder than words and his kindness there is VERY much
appreciated.
Rick C. Hodgin tried to warn us that this day would come, but we ignored
him!
Snit
2017-07-16 18:48:52 UTC
Post by Bill Carson
Post by Snit
Not sure what his game is... and sadly he CAN be a very intelligent and
giving person. Full disclosure, he even sent me a used computer of his
which was VERY kind of him and my family uses it pretty much daily.
Works great. As much as I do not approve of his lying about me I think
actions speak louder than words and his kindness there is VERY much
appreciated.
Rick C. Hodgin tried to warn us that this day would come, but we ignored
him!
LOL!

With the nonsense from Marek, I certainly do not want to make it seem like
he is a bad person or in any way "turn" people against him. One: doing so
would be stupid -- let people make up their own minds. Two: he *does* have a
lot of knowledge and is willing to share and help people (and as noted even
sent me a computer -- he even covered shipping).

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-07-16 19:44:21 UTC
Post by Snit
Carroll is now flooding every group I post to... and apparently
others. Rick C. Hodgin contacted me outside of Usenet and
talked to me about this group and the discussion came here.
I contacted you by a link left in one of these flood posts because
there had been flooding for days and I was trying to figure out
why.

As I stated, I'm still not convinced you're not involved, a case
of "good cop bad cop" about "that other flooder, you know, the
bad guy."

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-07-16 19:58:32 UTC
On 7/16/17, 12:44 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Carroll is now flooding every group I post to... and apparently
others. Rick C. Hodgin contacted me outside of Usenet and
talked to me about this group and the discussion came here.
I contacted you by a link left in one of these flood posts because
there had been flooding for days and I was trying to figure out
why.
Sure... though you then blamed me. But whatever -- that is Carroll's goal
and it is easy enough to fall for his nonsense. Not a big deal.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
As I stated, I'm still not convinced you're not involved, a case
of "good cop bad cop" about "that other flooder, you know, the
bad guy."
The fact Carroll uses his own account and then accuses me of hacking it (and
beating Google and "several federal agencies" or whatever as I did so) is
all the proof anyone should need that it is him, but really I cannot expect
anyone else to care.

Sure, he trolls me and has for over a decade... I do not like it but no
matter how much he pushes it onto others it is not their battle. And I
mostly ignore it... so the battle is mostly just him farting into the wind.

I generally do not read his posts and have them set to auto-read. I
certainly do not expect others to jump in and attack him (or Marek or anyone
else he trolls with). Let them sink themselves... no help from others is
needed.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-07-16 21:00:24 UTC
Sure, [Carroll] trolls me and has for over a decade...
I think you're a liar, "Snit."

Nobody keeps up this kind of spam and trolling for a decade. If someone
trolled me like this I'd go to the authorities, to the hacker base and
find the tools to track that person down and expose them in their
community. I'd drive to Google headquarters and speak to people about
this intrusion into the community. I'd raise community action groups
to force new controls which filter out such spam, etc.

If that didn't wortk, I'd make sure they were brought up on stalking charges
or some such equivalent for online stalking, and if it persisted, that they
were brought up on enough charges to prevent them from using a computer
again.

-----
It is for those reasons I do not believe there is another person involved,
but it is all you, playing the victim all the while also being the
attacker.
It is only a sick game and it is designed to harm people to make a
little life seem more impirt to a sick mind.

Nope. It doesn't add up. Something's amiss and I don't buy it. The
whole original question then 10+ years of trolling ... nope. It's all
you, "Snit." It's the only thing that makes sense.

Signed,
Rick C. Hodgin
Chad
2017-07-16 22:30:13 UTC
Yeah, so like the married neighbor lady is sleeping with the mailman.
Snit
2017-07-16 23:14:38 UTC
On 7/16/17, 2:00 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Sure, [Carroll] trolls me and has for over a decade...
I think you're a liar, "Snit."
And...???
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
So you think Carroll and Marek do not exist. Well, I assure you there is a
LOT more evidence that they exist than the being you talk about non-stop!

:)