Christmas is about Jesus Christ
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-24 20:00:57 UTC
Why do I worship Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? Because I've sought
the matter out and I've come to know that Jesus is not the actions of
sinful men doing things in His name, but rather He is separate and
isolated, called even, "Holy, Holy, Holy" (three times) in scripture.

Jesus is not the actions of sinful men, and their domineering spirit
lording over people their power, their will. He is freedom from all
of that, and it is personal ... between you and Him. It's not between
you and a church, you and a priest, you and anything else. It is that
which is between you and Him. The person you look at in the mirror,
and Him.

He will forgive you of your sin and give you eternal life. All you
have to do is repent of your sin and ask Him. He could not have made
it any easier and still give you a choice.

Go to a Christmas service this evening. Learn about the true meaning
of Christmas. You'll hear about how the night skies opened up and the
light shone all around and a chorus of speaking angels appeared to men
to announce His birth. The shepherds left the flocks they were attending
by night and went to seek the one whose birth was so announced (by such
a vast array of Heavenly Hosts).

http://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/2.htm

The Shepherds and Angels

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field,
keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of
the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you
good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped
in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly
host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward
men.

Note: Peace on Earth through Jesus Christ. And "good will" toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into
heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even
unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which
the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the
babe lying in a manger.
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying
which was told them concerning this child.
18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were
told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all
the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto
them.

We do not have peace on Earth today because men follow the enemy of
God rather than God.

God has already made peace with man and man's sin through Jesus Christ's
atoning death at the cross, His burial, and His resurrection from the
dead.

The good news is: Peace between God and man has come, through the man
Jesus Christ. He ALONE holds the key to your eternal salvation, the
ability to save your everlasting soul from death.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
a***@gmail.com
2016-12-24 20:16:24 UTC
What do you think about the Pope?

merry christmas and happy new year
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-24 20:38:35 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
What do you think about the Pope?
Even if you view him only as a leader of a group of Christians, he is
routinely calling for things which are not in line with the teachings
of Jesus Christ. It seems clear he is instead preparing the way for
a common "one-world religion" where the atoning death of Christ is
not required to be saved, but only a generic "believing in God" and
"loving one another."

In the days of Noah people loved each other. They were marrying and
giving in marriage, and they knew nothing of the flood that was coming
until the day it swept them away.

So it will be in the end-times for those who are going about their
lives thinking they're fine because they listen to men, rather than
listening to God.
Post by a***@gmail.com
merry christmas and happy new year
To you as well. My family has gone to visit their relatives in
another state. I'm working on my CPU design this weekend:

https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/tree/master/arxoda/core

L1 cache design (my greatest achievement so far I believe):

If you can't view this video, use VLC (www.videolan.org):

www.libsf.org/video/arxoda_l1_cache_overview__2016_12_21.mp4

I could use some help if anybody wants to contribute their talents. It
is a big, complex job. I would do much better with help.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
a***@gmail.com
2016-12-25 07:52:54 UTC
CPU Intel 386 *without fpu * is enough for
all

because big integer
(even big as memory can hold)
can be implemented

because big fixed float with precision
one can assign or change
can be implemented

Because that cpu is near way of think
human, with register 'human' size
and number

Because it is a little CPU
Possible 386 CPU is already
too much complex for that

(possibly there is a CPU more little
that can do the same)
Siri Cruise
2016-12-25 08:06:37 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
CPU Intel 386 *without fpu * is enough for
all
An important function of fpus is normalising shifts. Doing that in software is
painfully slow. Addition alignment shifts can be expensive depending on how
shifts are implemented: old shifters were only one bit per instruction or one
bit per cycle.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.
a***@gmail.com
2016-12-25 09:14:29 UTC
What is "normalized shift"?
I not notice any slow down in any
operation on big number

Can you show a loop
with big numbers [or fixed float] where

there
is that slow down
and the time it is supposed
for complete the loop
in a right time?
Siri Cruise
2016-12-25 10:58:06 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
What is "normalized shift"?
An floating point number is a fraction and power of radix exponent. On four
digit decimal machine, an integer could be
0065
and interpretted as a floating point number
.0065e4

It's generally preferred to remove the leading zeros of the fraction. This
requires shift the fraction left and decrementing the exponent.
.0650e3
.6500e2

Removing the leading zeros of the fraction is called normalisation.

To add two numbers the one with the smaller exponent has to be shifted right,
incrementing the exponent until they are equal.
.6500e2 + .1100e1 = .6500e2 + .0110e2 = .6610e2

Normalisation might be necessary after addition.
.6500e2 - .6000e2 = .0500e2 = .5000e1

The shift for equalising exponents can be done by subtracting the exponents to
get the shift count. The normalising shifting requires somehow counting leading
zeros. Without hardware that has to be done in a loop
while ((fraction & firstdigitmask)==0) {
fraction <<= digitwidth;
exponent++;
}

Some older shifters only shift one bit per cycle, so an n bit shift requires n
cycles. Faster shifters have a network of data lines for all possible shifts and
then choose one path through the network in one cycle.

A hardware normaliser can have a nor gate for the first bit, a nor gate for the
first two, the first three, ... . One gate will return true and can be used to
choose the shift network and load a constant into the exponent adder, all in one
a***@gmail.com
2016-12-25 12:19:10 UTC
In fixed Point float i have no exponent
Philipp Klaus Krause
2016-12-25 15:53:38 UTC
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/cache_l1/cache_4read_4write.png
www.libsf.org/video/arxoda_l1_cache_overview__2016_12_21.mp4
I could use some help if anybody wants to contribute their talents. It
is a big, complex job. I would do much better with help.
I guess ome comp.arch group has more talent in CPU design than comp.lang.c.
However, there are some aspects of CPU architecture that are important
wrt. to making a good target for compilation of C.

From my experinece with SDCC, the following tend to be particular useful
(and some of these are missing in popular µCs):

* Efficient stack-relative addressing mode (for handling of local variables)
* Arithmetic operations where all operands are in registers (for
calculations involving temporaries)
* Index-pointer-with-offset addressing modes (for efficient array accesses)
* Pointer read instruction that stores the result in a pointer register
(so another pointer read can follow directly for multiple -> in expressions)
* Efficient push/pop (for passing stack arguments)
* Efficient stack pointer adjustment instructions (for function entry
and exit)

Philipp
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-25 17:58:03 UTC
Post by Philipp Klaus Krause
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
To you as well. My family has gone to visit their relatives in
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/tree/master/arxoda/core
www.libsf.org/video/arxoda_l1_cache_overview__2016_12_21.mp4
I could use some help if anybody wants to contribute their talents. It
is a big, complex job. I would do much better with help.
I guess ome comp.arch group has more talent in CPU design than comp.lang.c.
However, there are some aspects of CPU architecture that are important
wrt. to making a good target for compilation of C.
From my experinece with SDCC, the following tend to be particular useful
* Efficient stack-relative addressing mode (for handling of local variables)
Arxoda is largely x86-based (80386-based), but it introduces a new
stack-like feature called a parameter block. It uses a new PS:
selector, and two new registers (SPP and BPP) to access pre-prepared
parameter blocks in memory. This allows data to be passed without
having to prepare it in advance, while still maintaining the use of
data through the stack-like features of relative addressing.

I am also considering adding a bit pattern map which indicates if
the parameters in the bytes in the parameter block are read/write
or read-only.
Post by Philipp Klaus Krause
* Arithmetic operations where all operands are in registers (for
calculations involving temporaries)
Arxoda introduces a window extension register model which increases
the number of registers in x86-like code from 8 (technically only 7
or 6 of them are usable in normal code) to an additional 60 registers:

The normal register encoding goes through the WEX mapping, to target
the actual register that is used. Several assembly instructions are
introduced to switch between windows, along with some special ones
which can directly use any register or register combination.
Post by Philipp Klaus Krause
* Index-pointer-with-offset addressing modes (for efficient array accesses)
* Pointer read instruction that stores the result in a pointer register
(so another pointer read can follow directly for multiple -> in expressions)
* Efficient push/pop (for passing stack arguments)
* Efficient stack pointer adjustment instructions (for function entry
and exit)
The new PS: selector, and the SPP and BPP registers effectively
introduce a second stack into the mix. The second stack is not used
for function addresses or the traditional passing of parameters. It
is used for parameter blocks, along with certain other codes required
by Arxoda due to its internal mode of operation (something called
"Love Threading" whereby the two threads at work can help each other
out to give a momentary dual-core boost to single-thread code, which
is called "love threading" because it's what people who love each
other do ... they are willing to sacrifice their own workload to help
the one they love complete there's more quickly).

And there are several other new features. I'm currently designing the
general operating mode, and have since created an L0 cache for temp
storage, essentially a buffer to queue writes that have failed before
they force a pause in the instruction stream:

-----
I have posted about Arxoda on comp.arch. They do not generally respond
to me for the same reasons people in comp.lang.c don't generally respond
to me: because they find the posts I write about Jesus to be off-topic
and offensive.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-25 18:11:30 UTC
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/cache_l1/cache1__4read_4write.png
www.libsf.org/video/arxoda_l1_cache_overview__2016_12_21.mp4
I could use some help if anybody wants to contribute their talents. It
is a big, complex job. I would do much better with help.
I guess ome comp.arch group has more talent in CPU design than comp.lang.c.
However, there are some aspects of CPU architecture that are important
wrt. to making a good target for compilation of C.
From my experinece with SDCC, the following tend to be particular useful
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/wex_register_mapping.png
[...]
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/overvall_design.png
https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/cache_l0/cache0__1read_1write.png
-----
Rick C. Hodgin
Philipp Klaus Krause
2016-12-25 21:54:58 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
-----
I have posted about Arxoda on comp.arch. They do not generally respond
to me for the same reasons people in comp.lang.c don't generally respond
to me: because they find the posts I write about Jesus to be off-topic
and offensive.
How about putting any off-topic content into the signature, instead of
creating off-topic threads?

Philipp
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-26 01:28:35 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
-----
I have posted about Arxoda on comp.arch. They do not generally respond
to me for the same reasons people in comp.lang.c don't generally respond
to me: because they find the posts I write about Jesus to be off-topic
and offensive.
How about putting any off-topic content into the signature, instead of
creating off-topic threads?
I wrestle with the balance between "real world" content and content about
Jesus Christ. But, when I read the Bible, and I recognize our place as
His in this world, I realize that everything we do day-in, day-out, is
supposed to glorify Him.

Now, we leave in a world where most people do not know Him as Savior and
Lord, so it requires an additional degree of teaching, and a stepping up
of teaching in the various areas of our normal lives, moreso than would
be required if the majority of people already knew Him because in that
case, the minority who didn't know Him would be introduced to more of
Him by their normal everyday activities. But instead in this world, we
see that they are introduced into more and more of the enemy's teachings
such that when the teachings about Jesus Christ are given, they are
deemed to be inappropriate and out of line with "normal behavior."

It's the exact opposite of what is really taking place, but because of
sin most people can't see it. And because I do try very hard to teach
these things in all areas of my life ... I am kept beyond arm's length
by pretty much everybody.

It's very hurtful, but I know it's just for a time. And I know the
reason why they do it is because it's real. This validates the effort
I give because if it didn't really matter, it wouldn't be like it is.
I'm a friendly jovial person. I am quick-witted and engaging in various
topics. I like to listen to people talk about things. In fact, I find
people really amazing. But because the spirit nature of the born again
person's existence is real ... and because the evil spirit influence in
this world is real, those spirits which influence the non-believers to
do and think the things they do, they are FULLY aware of the spirit of
God, and the power of God's spirit unto salvation of people's eternal
souls ... and they work very hard to separate their human hosts from the
word of God, because they know that ONLY the word of God has the ability
to break the death-grip of sin in a person's life, because the word of
God is the spirit of God, and the spirit of God is life.

Jesus really does save men's eternal souls.
This is more important than other things for people to know.
It's why I bring it forefront in all of my efforts, alongside all of my
efforts, because people need to know more about Jesus Christ than they
do about my C-like compiler, or my hardware, or anything else. They
just don't see it yet.

"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

If people will turn to the Bible with an honest truth-seeking effort to
find out for themselves if what it says is real, they will come to know
that which I have found ... and it will overwhelm their spirit and soul
to the point of new life that will overshadow everything about their
existence here in this world.

I pray for everybody in this group, and in the other groups I participate
in. I want each of them to live on in eternity, to shine the light of
God here in this dark world, and to encourage everyone they encounter to
come to Christ and be saved.

It is the TRUE foundation of our purpose here upon this Earth. It is
what people need more than any other thing ... even though most of them
can't see, and won't ever know it until they stand before God to give an
account of their sinful life ... and there will be weeping and gnashing
of teeth at that time. I would save people from that end by these
teachings, given each of them the opportunity to be saved from my mouth,
my keyboard, my expository endeavors.

Jesus alone saves. I point everyone to Him. I want everyone to be saved.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Kenny McCormack
2016-12-26 01:50:58 UTC
In article <09da7868-181a-4030-9942-***@googlegroups.com>,
Rick C. Hodgin <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I wrestle with the balance between "real world" content and content about
Jesus Christ. But, when I read the Bible, and I recognize our place as
His in this world, I realize that everything we do day-in, day-out, is
supposed to glorify Him.
Off Topic.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Now, we leave in a world where most people do not know Him as Savior and
Lord, so it requires an additional degree of teaching, and a stepping up
of teaching in the various areas of our normal lives, moreso than would
be required if the majority of people already knew Him because in that
case, the minority who didn't know Him would be introduced to more of
Him by their normal everyday activities. But instead in this world, we
see that they are introduced into more and more of the enemy's teachings
such that when the teachings about Jesus Christ are given, they are
deemed to be inappropriate and out of line with "normal behavior."
NutJob.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It's the exact opposite of what is really taking place, but because of
sin most people can't see it. And because I do try very hard to teach
these things in all areas of my life ... I am kept beyond arm's length
by pretty much everybody.
Weirdo.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Seriously deluded.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Jesus really does save men's eternal souls.
This is more important than other things for people to know.
It's why I bring it forefront in all of my efforts, alongside all of my
efforts, because people need to know more about Jesus Christ than they
do about my C-like compiler, or my hardware, or anything else. They
just don't see it yet.
Bananas.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Creepy Freakazoid.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
If people will turn to the Bible with an honest truth-seeking effort to
find out for themselves if what it says is real, they will come to know
that which I have found ... and it will overwhelm their spirit and soul
to the point of new life that will overshadow everything about their
existence here in this world.
Breadbags on the soles of her shoes.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I pray for everybody in this group, and in the other groups I participate
in. I want each of them to live on in eternity, to shine the light of
God here in this dark world, and to encourage everyone they encounter to
come to Christ and be saved.
Whacko.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It is the TRUE foundation of our purpose here upon this Earth. It is
what people need more than any other thing ... even though most of them
can't see, and won't ever know it until they stand before God to give an
account of their sinful life ... and there will be weeping and gnashing
of teeth at that time. I would save people from that end by these
teachings, given each of them the opportunity to be saved from my mouth,
my keyboard, my expository endeavors.
Somebody needs to get back on their meds...
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Jesus alone saves. I point everyone to Him. I want everyone to be saved.
Beyond hope.
--
Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from demanding more
flag burning laws, more abortion laws, more drug laws, more obscenity
us that we need to "get the government off our backs".
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-25 04:33:52 UTC
If you want to know what Jesus is like, and what He calls us to be, watch
the movie, "The Encounter 2010" and the TV Series "The Encounter" 2016 on
pureflix.com:

The Encounter Movie 2010
http://www.pureflix.com/videos/400337475852/watch

The Encounter TV Series 2016
http://www.pureflix.com/series?name=The+Encounter

He has compassion for those who acknowledge their sin. He has forgiveness
for those who acknowledge their sin. He has eternal life to restore us to
once our sin is taken away.

Death has no sting upon those who come to Him and say, "Lord, forgive me,
a sinner."

The Christian walk is a walk of submission to God, and in service to Him
and His Kingdom ... even here upon the Earth ("Thy Kingdom, Thy will be
done, on Earth as it is in Heaven..." Matthew 6:9-13).

Jesus is love. It is the enemy who is hate and war and fighting and
death. Jesus is life, even life eternal.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2016-12-25 11:44:43 UTC
Christmas is about sleep! :)
ruben safir
2016-12-25 12:48:21 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Christmas is about sleep! :)
its about death and killing Jews and trolls on usenet
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2016-12-25 16:23:12 UTC
Post by ruben safir
its about death and killing Jews and trolls on usenet
That's the problem of the Jews and the Germans. Blame bad luck?
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Ken Brody
2016-12-30 16:32:07 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Christmas is about sleep! :)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
The good news is: Peace between God and man has come, through the man
Jesus Christ. He ALONE holds the key to your eternal salvation, the
ability to save your everlasting soul from death.
Christmas is about giving the early Christians a way of celebrating Hanukkah
and/or Saturnalia. Given that, if you believe the Bible, Jesus would have
been born in July or August, and it wasn't until the early 4th century that
Emperor Constantine (and later, Pope Julius I), that the date December 25th
was chosen as the date to celebrate Christmas.

And don't forget to "keep Han in Hanukkah".
Kenneth Brody
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-30 16:42:16 UTC
Post by Ken Brody
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Christmas is about sleep! :)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
The good news is: Peace between God and man has come, through the man
Jesus Christ. He ALONE holds the key to your eternal salvation, the
ability to save your everlasting soul from death.
Christmas is about giving the early Christians a way of celebrating Hanukkah
and/or Saturnalia. Given that, if you believe the Bible, Jesus would have
been born in July or August, and it wasn't until the early 4th century that
Emperor Constantine (and later, Pope Julius I), that the date December 25th
was chosen as the date to celebrate Christmas.
Jesus was Jewish. He had to be so He could die under the law of Moses,
thereby fulfilling it. His death came about to bring the new church
into His Kingdom, which is the church of the Gentiles, which is the
church of this age between Christ and the end-most times when the eyes
of the Jews will finally be opened to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.

In short: there are two olive branches, the natural, and the one
grafted in. The natural is the house of Israel. The grafted in are
the Gentiles which have received Jesus Christ, as well as many Jews
who have also received Jesus Christ.
Post by Ken Brody
And don't forget to "keep Han in Hanukkah".
Hanukkah is one of the feasts God setup for the Jews. Christians can
also celebrate Hanukkah if they choose, but it is not a requirement
for them as it is for the Jews.

Christians are no longer under the law, but are under grace. We are
able to have more freedom from strict religious ties as the Jews have
with the Mosaic law. In our faith, because of the born again nature,
it will often appear that Christians have at least as much religion
as other faiths. It's not because we have rules to adhere to, but it
is because we are guided from within by His own Holy Spirit, to behave
and operate a particular way.

Christians will teach about Jesus Christ in the things they do, so
that others who are not saved today can have the opportunity to hear
the message, come out from the world, from their sin, and be saved
too.

It is the reason why Christians are not whisked away out of this
world immediately when we are saved ... we have work to do so that
others can also be saved.

But the time is coming when His Bride will be whisked away and those
that remain will not have His light shining through them in this
world any longer. And those days will be dark dark dark indeed.
Darker than any other days, because His restraining Hand is withdrawn
so that punishment can be poured out.

It would behoove every person to come to Christ today and ask
forgiveness so they can be spared that dark hour. But, because many
love sin more than truth ... they will not come out from their sin,
and will choose to remain in their sin even knowing that these dark
times of punishment will soon come.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Kenny McCormack
2016-12-30 18:48:58 UTC
In article <1727056f-2a07-4d5f-bddb-***@googlegroups.com>,
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Jesus was Jewish. He had to be so He could die under the law of Moses,
thereby fulfilling it. His death came about to bring the new church
into His Kingdom, which is the church of the Gentiles, which is the
church of this age between Christ and the end-most times when the eyes
of the Jews will finally be opened to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.
More than a few screws loose.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Hanukkah is one of the feasts God setup for the Jews. Christians can
also celebrate Hanukkah if they choose, but it is not a requirement
for them as it is for the Jews.
All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical chemists
know it.
-- Richard P. Feynman
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Christians are no longer under the law, but are under grace. We are
able to have more freedom from strict religious ties as the Jews have
with the Mosaic law. In our faith, because of the born again nature,
it will often appear that Christians have at least as much religion
as other faiths. It's not because we have rules to adhere to, but it
is because we are guided from within by His own Holy Spirit, to behave
and operate a particular way.
Make America Great Again.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Christians will teach about Jesus Christ in the things they do, so
that others who are not saved today can have the opportunity to hear
the message, come out from the world, from their sin, and be saved
too.
Goofball.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It is the reason why Christians are not whisked away out of this
world immediately when we are saved ... we have work to do so that
others can also be saved.
Crank.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It would behoove every person to come to Christ today and ask
forgiveness so they can be spared that dark hour. But, because many
love sin more than truth ... they will not come out from their sin,
and will choose to remain in their sin even knowing that these dark
times of punishment will soon come.
Loonball.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Screwball.
--
Watching ConservaLoons playing with statistics and facts is like watching a
newborn play with a computer. Endlessly amusing, but totally unproductive.
j***@gmail.com
2016-12-25 19:25:33 UTC
"Christmas is about Jesus Christ"

Comp.lang.c is about the C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2016-12-26 11:11:58 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
"Christmas is about Jesus Christ"
Comp.lang.c is about the C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
Malcolm McLean
2016-12-26 14:34:20 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
Rick is a legitimate C developer who makes on-topic and reasonably
sensible C posts from time to time about his ongoing project.

The project's aim seem to be to provide a full suite of software
tools, developed entirely by Christians. Rick also makes evangelical
posts tot eh group.
Ken Brody
2016-12-30 16:34:44 UTC
Post by Malcolm McLean
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
Rick is a legitimate C developer who makes on-topic and reasonably
sensible C posts from time to time about his ongoing project.
The project's aim seem to be to provide a full suite of software
tools, developed entirely by Christians. Rick also makes evangelical
posts tot eh group.
But, any such software would suffer from "original sin", as it needs to be
originally developed using software written by non-Christians.
Kenneth Brody
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-30 16:51:05 UTC
Post by Ken Brody
Post by Malcolm McLean
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
Rick is a legitimate C developer who makes on-topic and reasonably
sensible C posts from time to time about his ongoing project.
The project's aim seem to be to provide a full suite of software
tools, developed entirely by Christians. Rick also makes evangelical
posts tot eh group.
But, any such software would suffer from "original sin", as it needs to be
originally developed using software written by non-Christians.
I wrestled with that thought for a long time (years). I finally came
to realize that when Jesus Christ receives a person, He receives them
in their station ... meaning the person who is saved when they're on
their third wife is forgiven for the adultery caused by their re-
marriage.

In a like manner, I grew up on DOS and Windows and Microsoft tools,
and He received me at that point. I did not feel conviction in my
spirit about using those tools, but only an outward conviction from
other people, and my own reasoning mind convicting me for using them,
for those reasons you outlined.

But, when I came to realize that I was a computer software developer
when I was saved, and that I was working on my operating system for
years at the time when I was saved, and that I had been using mostly
Microsoft tools throughout my programming career, and I realized that
when I was saved I was sanctified, made whole and pure and righteous
by the blood of Christ shed for me, then in my conversion of my former
efforts given over for other reason, to now be given over as an ongoing
offering unto the Lord, they too are sanctified because of their
purpose.

I am creating my own CPU, motherboard, other hardware, with the knowledge
He gave me. I have not gone to school to learn these things, but have
figured them out on my own by His gifts to me. And I am desiring to
create the entire software stack I'll use from the ground up, eventually
getting to the point where everything I'm coding can be bootstrapped in
my own compilers and languages.

I realize that Paul made and sold tents in this world. He had to be
here doing things in this world, with the sinful people in this world,
because that was what the Lord gave for him to do.

For me it is similar. I am in this world, and will remain in this
world until the day He calls me Home, and in so doing I will operate
with what is required to operate, but with a permanent focus on Him,
on offering unto Him that which He first gave me.

My focus is on the thing sanctified by the offering given over to Him
because of who He is. It is not on the things of this world.

Just today I was un-subscribed by a moderator from the gimp-users
email list because I was proposing that we create a fork away from
GIMP, one that is not tied to Stallman and GNU or the FSF, because
of Stallman's heinous views believing pedophilia and necrophilia
should be legal, among other things.

People do not want sanctified things in their life. They want to
be in and around sin. But for the born again Christian, we make
ours offerings unto the Lord, and unto the people He's placed around
us. We continue on despite the constant hammering we get by those
who are non-believers around us. They continue to espouse things
which are not of God, while we continue to correct their false
teachings and misunderstandings, to guide them to the knowledge
God first guided us to.

The Christian's whole focus is upon God, to change what is here to
sanctify it through an offering unto Him, so that He is glorified
in the things we do, rather than man being glorified, or money being
sought after, etc.

It is a full inside-out effort of everything we possess. We just
have to do it here in this world because that's where we are.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Kenny McCormack
2016-12-30 18:50:30 UTC
In article <ba61808a-d4a7-4eb1-ae77-***@googlegroups.com>,
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I wrestled with that thought for a long time (years). I finally came
to realize that when Jesus Christ receives a person, He receives them
in their station ... meaning the person who is saved when they're on
their third wife is forgiven for the adultery caused by their re-
marriage.
A village in Indiana is missing its idiot.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
In a like manner, I grew up on DOS and Windows and Microsoft tools,
and He received me at that point. I did not feel conviction in my
spirit about using those tools, but only an outward conviction from
other people, and my own reasoning mind convicting me for using them,
for those reasons you outlined.
Mais grosso que mandioca de dois anos.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
For me it is similar. I am in this world, and will remain in this
world until the day He calls me Home, and in so doing I will operate
with what is required to operate, but with a permanent focus on Him,
on offering unto Him that which He first gave me.
Crackpot.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It is a full inside-out effort of everything we possess. We just
have to do it here in this world because that's where we are.
Loonball.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Bananas.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Aspergers
Ken Brody
2017-01-03 15:18:00 UTC
[...]
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I am creating my own CPU, motherboard, other hardware, with the knowledge
He gave me. I have not gone to school to learn these things, but have
figured them out on my own by His gifts to me. And I am desiring to
create the entire software stack I'll use from the ground up, eventually
getting to the point where everything I'm coding can be bootstrapped in
my own compilers and languages.
[...]

Good luck with that.
Kenneth Brody
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-01-03 15:24:32 UTC
Post by Ken Brody
[...]
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I am creating my own CPU, motherboard, other hardware, with the knowledge
He gave me. I have not gone to school to learn these things, but have
figured them out on my own by His gifts to me. And I am desiring to
create the entire software stack I'll use from the ground up, eventually
getting to the point where everything I'm coding can be bootstrapped in
my own compilers and languages.
[...]
Good luck with that.
Here is my kernel:

https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/tree/master/exodus
http://www.visual-freepro.org/videos/2014_02_13__exodus_debi_debugger.ogv

Here is my recent L1 cache design for my CPU:

https://github.com/RickCHodgin/libsf/blob/master/arxoda/core/cache_l1/cache1__4read_4write.png

I am able to do all these things by myself. It would be better if I
had help. I am asking for those people who have skills to help me
to come on board and give their own offering to Jesus through this
project.

We aren't doing it for money. We're doing it because He first gave
us these skills, and we desire to give them back to the people He's
put here in this world alongside us. We desire to make their lives
better through that which He first gave us:

http://www.libsf.org

"In God's sight, we've come together.
We've come together to help each other.
Let's grow this project up ... together!
In service and Love to The Lord, forever!"

The project's motto since 2012.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Kenny McCormack
2016-12-26 14:51:49 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by j***@gmail.com
"Christmas is about Jesus Christ"
Comp.lang.c is about the C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
That's not entirely true. He/she/it also spams the C++ group (and possibly
others).

As I've said elsewhere, it is no coincidence that it chooses the C group
for its spamming. It knows it will find a receptive, albeit grudgingly,
audience here.
http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/TedCruz
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-26 16:00:48 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by j***@gmail.com
"Christmas is about Jesus Christ"
Comp.lang.c is about the C PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
That's not entirely true. He/she/it
He. Here's information about me:

http://www.visual-freepro.org/wiki/index.php/Rick_C._Hodgin

If you'd like to know anything else about me, just ask. I am a sinner
who's done sinful things throughout my life. I was saved in 2004. I
have sinned also since then. I've had difficulties in my family and
job, interpersonal relationships. I spent this Christmas and the past
several Christmases alone because I'm not welcome at my family's homes
because I have Jesus ahead of things in my life, and I talk about Him
in the things I do.

Apart form various outreach missions at my church, which are designed
to be evangelical, I don't generally evangelize. I simply bring Him
forward in my life wherever I am. It's prompted by input around me.
I see someone with tattoos and piercings and wild hair and full of
pride and other such cues ... I talk that person.

A woman at a gas station about a year ago was talking about sex when
I walked in. She was being very "colorful" in her description. I
asked her if I could speak to her privately for a moment. I was
known to the people at that gas station because I wore this hat:

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Inside-Hat-One-Size/dp/B0155KEQCW/ref=sr_1_13

I told her that there are a lot of things in this world which try to
distract us from what we know on the inside is right behavior, and
the thing we should be doing. I told her it's important to focus on
that voice within that guides us to where we should be.

I didn't see her for a long time after that, but when I went back
later on she made a comment to me about my words that day.

It's not because of my words, but it is because God was at work on
her on the inside already, so that when I did speak my words, they
were able to take root within her because the soil God put there was
fertile, and when He used me to remind her of where she should be,
it was received.

Other such things happen. Nearly all of them are teaching. My wife
jokes with my son about how long it takes me to answer a relatively
simple question (LOL) because I don't just answer the question, but
I try to teach the general philosophy about why it is the way it is.

I do the same in all areas of my life.

I've met a few companions over the years who have been my friends in
this regard. But not many. And each of them, save one named Sister
Alice, was also shunned by most people around them because of their
outreach for Christ in their daily affairs.

Sister Alice was a former drug user in with a really bad crowd. She
got shot one night when her long-term live-in boyfriend had some kind
of drug-related episode. She nearly died, but when she came to in the
hospital she was changed.

The next few years of her life she had periodic pain from her injuries,
but she was a light unto many with her faith. Always smiling, always
loving, always seasoning her surrounds with teachings from the Lord.

God gave her favor in her last few years (she died January 5, 2008)
such that many were inspired by her, myself included. I wish she was
still alive today as she has been my closest spiritual companion.

She was a 60-something very short, very petite little lady. But in
her spiritual walk she was a towering giant.
Post by Kenny McCormack
also spams the C++ group (and possibly
others).
The full list of Usenet groups I pursue are:

comp.lang.c
comp.arch
comp.os.os2.apps
comp.os.os2.misc
comp.arch.fpga
comp.lang.asm.x86 (Moderated, the moderator doesn't let my posts
automatically filter through anymore)
comp.lang.c++
alt.os.development
alt.trucks.ford

The other Google Groups I have are:

CAlive Programming Language
RDC (Rapid Development Compiler)
DNA Project Butterfly
Visual FreePro in English
Comunidad de Visual FreePro en Español

Now my secret's out. I am fully know for who I am. :-)
Post by Kenny McCormack
As I've said elsewhere, it is no coincidence that it chooses the C group
for its spamming. It knows it will find a receptive, albeit grudgingly,
audience here.
I routinely post the same things to most all of my interest areas.
You'll find parallel posts to most things posted in comp.lang.c in
the groups above. I don't often frequent alt.trucks.ford as it's
not very active. But, I have a Ford pickup truck and sometimes I
like to get help or help other people.

-----
Everything I post is with the hopes that some will hear the message and
come to Jesus Christ and be saved. I have no other motive or intent,
though I must admit it would be nice to finally have some help on my
projects. It's a lot of very difficult work, and I am unsure of myself
in various areas, and would welcome the assistance and expertise to make
the projects better than I can make them on my own.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2016-12-26 16:03:56 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God gave her favor in her last few years (she died January 5, 2008)
such that many were inspired by her, myself included. I wish she was
still alive today as she has been my closest spiritual companion.
It's her miracle, just her. Others might have different experiences.
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-26 16:17:33 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God gave her favor in her last few years (she died January 5, 2008)
such that many were inspired by her, myself included. I wish she was
still alive today as she has been my closest spiritual companion.
It's her miracle, just her. Others might have different experiences.
Mr. Main-wai Chang, you have no idea who the Lord is, or how we (His
followers) are supposed to behave. We are a community, a family, and
we are instructed to go out into the world and teach people about Him,
about sin, about salvation.

You refuse to hear it, so you will never know it until you change that
refusal into an a willingness to humble yourself and receive the truth.

Right now, you are dead in sin. You are alive in your flesh, but not
eternally. Right now, were you to die, you would face God and be
judged for your unrepentant sin. You would be found guilty, and tossed
into the burning lake of fire for all time.

The message of salvation, the reason Jesus came to the Earht, is to
set men free from that end. He came to forgive our sin, and to pay
that price for us in our place, so that justice is maintained, and
we are also set free.

It's important, Mr. Man-wai Chang. You do not give it a proper level
of respect in your life because you like sin more than truth. If that
doesn't change, there will be no future you. The only you that will
ever have existed will have been here, and the Bible teaches that here
will not endure:

http://biblehub.com/kjv/psalms/102-26.htm
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens
are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall
wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and
they shall be changed:

http://biblehub.com/kjv/isaiah/51-6.htm
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath:
for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall
wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in
like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my
righteousness shall not be abolished.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/24-35.htm
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass
away.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/hebrews/1-11.htm
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of
the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax
old as doth a garment;

Jesus has a "Book of Life" that contains the names of those who are
saved. They are those who received Him and His sacrifice, asking Him
to forgive their sin and save their eternal soul. Those whose names
were not found in the Lamb's Book of Life are cast into everlasting
fire:

http://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/20-15.htm
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was
cast into the lake of fire.

Leaving this world can be a happy occasion where we will be with the
Lord forever in the paradise of God (in Heaven). Or, it is a feaful
end to a meaningless life spent in rebellion against God, against
truth, against all that is of His creation in rightness and holiness.
All who embrace sin ahead of truth are cast into that lake of fire
because they will not operate in a universe founded and created upon
truth in a truth-seeking way. Those who will not receive the truth
are the enemy of God, and they are destroyed in Hell forever.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2016-12-26 16:02:30 UTC
Post by Kenny McCormack
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And he/she isn't spamming other programming languages! Puzzling... The
game is afoot? :)
That's not entirely true. He/she/it also spams the C++ group (and possibly
others).
Didn't see his/her preaching in Ada, Clipper and Foxbase/Foxpro
newsgroups ...

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and him/her! ;)
r***@gmail.com
2017-11-12 12:30:58 UTC
Psalm 100

http://biblehub.com/kjv/psalms/100.htm

Shout for Joy to the Lord, All You Lands!

1 {A Psalm of praise.} Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not
we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with
praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth
endureth to all generations.

-----
There is love, peace, and joy in the house of the Lord, but only when
you keep your eyes focused on Him. If you begin looking around at the
things of the world, they will quickly pull you under. But when you
look up to Him, and keep looking up, there you find your peace, because
only there is your salvation.

Remember also ... Peter walked on water too, but only when he was
looking at the Lord!

http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/14.htm

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me
come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship,
he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning
to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him,
and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou
doubt?
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying,
Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Jesus will save your eternal soul, and give you eternal life. All you
have to do is trust and believe.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-11-12 14:18:22 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Remember also ... Peter walked on water too, but only when he was
looking at the Lord!
Jesus will save your eternal soul, and give you eternal life. All you
have to do is trust and believe.
There are people that need to work full-time during holidays. Those
should be remembered first, not your Jesus the street wanderer! :)
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-11-13 16:56:42 UTC
I am not this person ----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. That is someone
who is impersonating me, presumably Peter Cheung who has been spamming
me, my family, my various online accounts, the groups I post to, and so
on for many weeks. He's already lost his GitHub account for posting
literal death threats to me and my family online.

He is writing these posts impersonating me to try and make people
angry by the hostile tone he's taking in them, trying to drive people
away from God, and away from me, because people will equate me to him
and assume I am that hostile person.

I am not. I remain separate and distinct, and I only post from my
normal, long-standing account of ***@gmail.com.

I may start tagging each of my posts with a number that will link
to a page on my website showing the text I post, so they can be
authenticated as truly originating from me.

In any event...
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by r***@gmail.com
Remember also ... Peter walked on water too, but only when he was
looking at the Lord!
Jesus will save your eternal soul, and give you eternal life. All you
have to do is trust and believe.
There are people that need to work full-time during holidays. Those
should be remembered first, not your Jesus the street wanderer! :)
People are important. They are the reason Jesus came to the Earth.
But people cannot save you. Only Jesus can.

By looking up to Him first, even before people, you then gain His love
for your fellow man in your heart, which then causes you to look out to
all of mankind, and in a right way, and from a right heart (right with
God), which then enables you to be productive and fruitful in your walk,
in your help, and in giving people the true help they need (always
pointing them to Jesus first, but sometimes meeting their immediate or
daily needs in the process).

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all
of the things you need will be added on to you for you to operate here
in this world ... including a right heart full of compassion, love,
peace, and proper teaching, and proper helping.

You don't know Jesus Christ, Mr. Main-wai Chang, because you aren't
looking for the truth. You are looking to mock that which you do not
agree with or believe in. You are casting stones at the truth, rather
than receiving it. I advise you to change. The truth speaks with one
voice, and it speaks with authority. It is always right, and it is
what you need in your life.

Rick C. Hodgin
r***@gmail.com
2017-11-19 05:34:42 UTC
Original post : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.os.development/nvGbmY74C-4

To my fellow "Usenet group"ies:

I come before you today with a request for each of you. I ask
you to give it an ear and ponder it in your heart. Consider it
for a time each day and think about what it means to the baseline
fundamental views we hold in our lives.

-----
My request is that you consider what this means to your self-
image: You were created. You do have a purpose. You were not
an accident of random chance in this universe. You were, instead,
specifically and purposefully hand-crafted by God, hand-placed
into this world where you are, with a purpose to have a real im-
pact upon this world. To further realize that within the creation
of your existence, the one creating you had a real purpose in do
doing. God created you with a goal of certain things He wants you
to do in this world, for example.

Think about this idea: That you were created, that you do have a
real purpose, and that you will go on after you leave this world,
and that you do have a choice today regarding how you will live
your life, and that the warning given you by your very creator is
that there is a real enemy here in this world, responsible for all
that we see wrong here, who seeks to mislead you, trick you, trap
you, and ultimately destroy your soul by leading you away from God,
but if you will give God an ear, and stop hardening your heart
toward Him, that He will guide you not only to safety in this world,
but to the fullest, richest prosperity in Him.

Think about this. Read it a few times. Make sure you get a clear
understanding: You were created specifically by God. You have a
real purpose, and there are two paths before you: one leading to
forgiveness for the wrong you've done, to be a part of God's plan
for your life, one that keeps you unforgiven in the wrong you've
done and is leading away from God and God's plan for your life.

-----
God created you for greatness. He loves you. He will lead and
guide and protect and save you from all evil. But He also honors
you too much to violate His greatest gift to you: your volition.
He will not violate your free will to choose. But look into Him
and see how He's revealed Himself through His Son. The Bible
gives us a view of God that explains things in a way which really
resonates on the inside if you're willing to receive it. But if
you harden your heart, it will always only be a book of laughable
tales and fantasies.

The choice is yours, but the truth speaks to you. You were God's
creation. You were made special. You do have a purpose. And
you will go on after you leave this world. God has a plan for you
and will save you from everything bad, and give you a real and
secure future that dwells in fullest, richest prosperity for you,
His beloved and held dear, most special creation.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-11-19 12:14:00 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You don't know Jesus Christ, Mr. Main-wai Chang, because you aren't
looking for the truth. You are looking to mock that which you do not
agree with or believe in. You are casting stones at the truth, rather
than receiving it. I advise you to change. The truth speaks with one
voice, and it speaks with authority. It is always right, and it is
what you need in your life.
Most people would NOT want to work overtime because of Christmas or any
other religious festivals!
ImperiusDamian
2016-12-26 23:05:40 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
The Enemy of God? Arthur, the Warlord of Britain, the King Who Never Was
and slayer of the Saxons?

(Also, Jesus wasn't born December 25th. That day was only adopted during
the 4th Century by the Roman Emperors to co-opt the various winter
solstice festivals as well as the Saturnalia in order to more readily
convert the pagans. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer.
Far too cold in the altitudes of Bethlehem in December for sheep.)
--
A conclusion is the place where you get tired of thinking. (Arthur Bloch)

SweetSpearGirl stories and Gemstone Mod:
http://imperium.elementfx.com/ - Now With Forums
Rick C. Hodgin
2016-12-26 23:15:24 UTC
Post by ImperiusDamian
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Agreed. But, it is the traditional day observed in our modern society.
And, there is precedent ... albeit very much suspect:

Brian's mother: What star sign is he?
Wise Man #2: Capricorn.
Brian's mother: Capricorn, eh? What are they like?
Wise Man #2: He is the son of God, our Messiah.
Wise Man #1: King of the Jews.
Brian's mother: And that's Capricorn, is it?
Wise Man #3: No, no, that's just him.
Brian's mother: Oh, I was going to say, otherwise there'd be a lot
of them.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Malcolm McLean
2016-12-30 21:52:00 UTC
Post by ImperiusDamian
(Also, Jesus wasn't born December 25th. That day was only adopted during
the 4th Century by the Roman Emperors to co-opt the various winter
solstice festivals as well as the Saturnalia in order to more readily
convert the pagans. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer.
Far too cold in the altitudes of Bethlehem in December for sheep.)
People say that. Generally these people also disbelieve in angels.
So they are in the odd position of stating that the angels must be
some sort of myth or accretion, whilst the statement that the shepherds
were "in the fields" must be literally true.

In fact December 25th is in the rainy season. But it doesn't rain
constantly, 24 hours per day. I don't think anyone knows exactly
what the husbandry practice was - the region is low quality grazing
suitable only for sheep so the farmers would have been shepherds,
that detail is right. But if in fact the sheep were in a shelter,
it's hardly a catastrophic error by the biblical writer.
ImperiusDamian
2016-12-31 22:31:30 UTC
Post by Malcolm McLean
Post by ImperiusDamian
(Also, Jesus wasn't born December 25th. That day was only adopted during
the 4th Century by the Roman Emperors to co-opt the various winter
solstice festivals as well as the Saturnalia in order to more readily
convert the pagans. Jesus was more likely born in the spring or summer.
Far too cold in the altitudes of Bethlehem in December for sheep.)
People say that. Generally these people also disbelieve in angels.
So they are in the odd position of stating that the angels must be
some sort of myth or accretion, whilst the statement that the shepherds
were "in the fields" must be literally true.
It's not that the scholars necessarily *disbelieve* in angels. They're
just placing the stories in their historical context. It's hard to offer
a historical perspective on supernatural and religious elements that
can't be proven.
--
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

fir
2016-12-31 23:30:20 UTC
aaaaaand a first post in 2017.. at least in my time if im not wrong