Screen capture *without* Screen capture freeware [30]
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-27 16:41:46 UTC
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.

1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard

To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.

I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.

And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.

There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Jason
2017-07-27 17:10:31 UTC
[This followup was posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10 and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
The (new?) Windows 10 Snipping Tool does this very well and offers
options for what to capture.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-28 13:49:36 UTC
Post by Jason
The (new?) Windows 10 Snipping Tool does this very well and offers
options for what to capture.
Thanks... might append your comments to my reminder. :)
Siri Cruise
2017-07-28 13:55:46 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
SHIFT-COMMAND-3
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|Â¥
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / ¥
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed
SC Tom
2017-07-29 11:32:38 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
SC Tom
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-30 14:48:19 UTC
Post by SC Tom
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
I don't use those two Win-keys. :)
David Kleinecke
2017-07-30 17:32:10 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by SC Tom
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
I don't use those two Win-keys. :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
I have a key on my new cheap keyboard that I don't understand.
It's fourth from the left on the lowest line of keys between
an ALT ket and the space bar. It appears to be a duplicate of
the \-| key (which is in its usual place just right of ]-}).

PS: The reason for a cheap keyboard with an eccentric key layout
was that I wanted to test whether a back-lighted keyboard would
solve an illumination problem. It does solve the problem and I am
now thinking about upgrading to a more traditional keyboard -
back-lighted, of course.

PPS: Anybody know where I can get information about the eight
special keys (not back-lighted on my keyboard above the F-key
row. Two of them control the audio and one the back-light color.
Barry Schwarz
2017-07-30 18:27:24 UTC
On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:32:10 -0700 (PDT), David Kleinecke
Post by David Kleinecke
PPS: Anybody know where I can get information about the eight
special keys (not back-lighted on my keyboard above the F-key
row. Two of them control the audio and one the back-light color.
If you told us the brand, someone might have the information you seek.
Since you didn't, I suggest you go to the manufacturer's web site.
Remove del for email
micky
2017-07-30 21:58:47 UTC
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:41:46 +0800, "Mr.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
Early on, maybe 20 years ago, I bought, *bought*, a copy of PrintScreen,
when I didn't realize I could do it for free. It had extra features,
but I didn't need any of them. It was 10 or maybe $20.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
LOL. C'mon, let's argue.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
Good point. Although a friend gave me his old computer, and I found a
gallon of electricity in the trash last week. It was dirty but it
still worked.
engine... ;)
al
2017-08-28 20:47:50 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
Vivaldi Browser has recently added a "select and capture" tool that you
can save "page to clipboard" or "page to file", "area to clipboard" or
"area to file". Quite a nice feature.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-08-29 14:34:07 UTC
Post by al
Vivaldi Browser has recently added a "select and capture" tool that you
can save "page to clipboard" or "page to file", "area to clipboard" or
"area to file". Quite a nice feature.
Thanks! But that would involve other freeware tools, not the primary
focus of my silly little reminder. :)
2017-08-29 14:48:28 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by al
Vivaldi Browser has recently added a "select and capture" tool that you
can save "page to clipboard" or "page to file", "area to clipboard" or
"area to file". Quite a nice feature.
Thanks! But that would involve other freeware tools, not the primary
focus of my silly little reminder. :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
The Mack has a more advanced GUI. Even Bash runs better on it.

Being independent as it is, the email infrastructure will never go away but it'll never be common for the general user. No one who isn't just using you for trolling purposes sees you as anything remotely close to good. You have few but yourself to blame for that. These posts are clearly not automated, they are made by a pill popping insomniac with an axe to grind who has way too much time on his hands.

It was William 'The Fool' Poaster who was openly asking how better to obscure his nonsense.

Curious how these posts are made? Email: ***@gmail.com
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-08-29 16:51:27 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Being independent as it is, the email infrastructure will never go away but it'll never be common for the general user. No one who isn't just using you for trolling purposes sees you as anything remotely close to good. You have few but yourself to blame for that. These posts are clearly not automated, they are made by a pill popping insomniac with an axe to grind who has way too much time on his hands.
My post is just a reminder. That's all. You don't need to over-think
further. Being a reminder, it should be posted again and again. That's all.
2017-08-29 17:38:22 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by al
[...]
Thankfully the person you are referencing is in my KF. You likely think Mint handles the desktop well. Nope. Not compared to Windows.

He disturbs multiple groups of people who have done nothing wrong, but that's a self-centered troll for you. What others care about isn't a factor. His goal is to see me bothered by killing of any discussion. And hey, that could work.

This is something beyond you.

Yup. Sadly this is what we have to end. Cretins who obviously have no reason for being here other than to attack Mark Bilk.

Everyone is The Doctor -- the oldest gag in the book. Why do you keep repeating yourself?
--
Top Ten Ways The Doctor Trolls!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.advocacy/tzMH39QmAmU