Screen capture *without* Screen capture freeware [30]
Add Reply
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-27 16:41:46 UTC
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.

1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard

To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.

I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.

And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.

There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Jason
2017-07-27 17:10:31 UTC
[This followup was posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10 and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
The (new?) Windows 10 Snipping Tool does this very well and offers
options for what to capture.
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-28 13:49:36 UTC
Post by Jason
The (new?) Windows 10 Snipping Tool does this very well and offers
options for what to capture.
Thanks... might append your comments to my reminder. :)
Siri Cruise
2017-07-28 13:55:46 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
SHIFT-COMMAND-3
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|Â¥
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / ¥
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed
SC Tom
2017-07-29 11:32:38 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
There is definitely no free electricity.... unless you got a paranormal
engine... ;)
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
SC Tom
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2017-07-30 14:48:19 UTC
Post by SC Tom
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
I don't use those two Win-keys. :)
David Kleinecke
2017-07-30 17:32:10 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by SC Tom
These have been Windows keyboard commands since Windows 95 :-)
I don't use those two Win-keys. :)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
I have a key on my new cheap keyboard that I don't understand.
It's fourth from the left on the lowest line of keys between
an ALT ket and the space bar. It appears to be a duplicate of
the \-| key (which is in its usual place just right of ]-}).

PS: The reason for a cheap keyboard with an eccentric key layout
was that I wanted to test whether a back-lighted keyboard would
solve an illumination problem. It does solve the problem and I am
now thinking about upgrading to a more traditional keyboard -
back-lighted, of course.

PPS: Anybody know where I can get information about the eight
special keys (not back-lighted on my keyboard above the F-key
row. Two of them control the audio and one the back-light color.
Barry Schwarz
2017-07-30 18:27:24 UTC
On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:32:10 -0700 (PDT), David Kleinecke
Post by David Kleinecke
PPS: Anybody know where I can get information about the eight
special keys (not back-lighted on my keyboard above the F-key
row. Two of them control the audio and one the back-light color.
If you told us the brand, someone might have the information you seek.
Since you didn't, I suggest you go to the manufacturer's web site.
Remove del for email
micky
2017-07-30 21:58:47 UTC
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:41:46 +0800, "Mr.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Windows comes with screen capture function. You do NOT need to pay. You
do NOT need to hunt for a freeware.
Early on, maybe 20 years ago, I bought, *bought*, a copy of PrintScreen,
when I didn't realize I could do it for free. It had extra features,
but I didn't need any of them. It was 10 or maybe $20.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
1. Click on the window you wanna capture
2. Press <ALT> + <PrintScreen> to copy it to the clipboard
3. Open Paint
4. Press <CTRL>+<V> to paste from clipboard
To capture the whole desktop, press <PrintScreen> only in step 2.
I don't wanna argue with purists if not extremists on whether Paint is
freeware, because you need to buy Windows to have it.
LOL. C'mon, let's argue.
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
And to use Windows, you need a computer, which requires electricity.
Good point. Although a friend gave me his old computer, and I found a
gallon of electricity in the trash last week. It was dirty but it
still worked.