Off-Topic: A legal solution for bitcoin
s***@hotmail.com
2018-03-01 23:16:15 UTC
English translation (google-translate assisted :)):

My fear is that bitcoin will cause global warming and rising electricity costs.

A possible solution for bitcoin is to introduce a law that states that a person can only mine bitcoins with only one or a maximum of 5 computers.

Such a law could then be used to tackle / close large bitcoin mining farms and to promote even the distribution of bitcoin and other crypto currencies / currencies.

An "if you can not beat them then join them approach" :) but in the spirit as bitcoin was meant ... a bit for everyone.

I think that's a nice solution.

Dutch:

Mijn angst is dat bitcoin gaat zorgen voor opwarming van de aarde en stijgende electriciteits kosten.

Een mogelijke oplossing voor bitcoin is om een wet te introduceren waarin staat dat een persoon met slechts een of maximaal 5 computers bitcoins mag minen.

Zo een wet zou dan gebruikt kunnen worden om grote bitcoin mining farms aan te pakken/te sluiten en om zelfs de verdeling van bitcoin en andere crypto munten/valuta te bevorderen.

Een "if you can't beat em join em approach" :) maar dan wel in de geest zoals bitcoin was bedoeld... een beetje voor iedereen.

Best een mooie oplossing denk ik zo.

Doei,
Skybuck.
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-01 23:43:27 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
[...]
Pay for a record check on Keith Thompson and you will find that he was in a penitentiary earlier this year. The sites do not go into that amount of specificity and court records from his jurisdiction have to be subpoenaed.

BTW, I've already discussed that his use of "cult-like" to describe honest people is name calling, since he's likening them to sled dogs. A meaningless discourse by pseudo-experts, magnified by the reciprocal of the endless vastness of space, demonstrating the vast nothingness of Keith Thompson's so-called thought process.

I can tell Keith Thompson does not even know what is wrong with Breitbart.

I have a Mac system I use as well, but it's better than yours. The majority of posters in this group do programming either as recreation or as a vocation, so I think it unlikely Tatiana Spearman Kister consider writing macros to be "a black art". After yesterday's update I no longer want to gouge out my eyeballs from the flicker of the screen.

--
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know!
http://www.5z8.info/hackwebcam_e9z2tw_friendster-of-sex

Jonas Eklundh
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 04:09:03 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
[...]

Do not click this link!!

http://youtu.be/dNhvVfD4zu4
Jonas Eklundh
s***@hotmail.com
2018-03-02 11:28:40 UTC
(Directly writing in english to state the perceived problem/worry more clearly):

My worry is based on exponentially increase of hash rate.

This seems a clear indication that more and more computation power and thus devices and thus energy is consumed.

However some devices may be very energy efficient (asic) than again others are not (gpu).

The number of users has also grown exponential, yet most users do not own many bitcoins, this is another indication that most of the hash rate growth is from big mining farms.

These will eventually become richer and then expand their operation, this has me worried.

Most companies don't buy air conditioners at an exponential rate so that comparision doesn't fly.

So I have more clearly stated the problem in this new text.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 12:00:33 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
My worry is based on exponentially increase of hash rate.
This seems a clear indication that more and more computation power and thus devices and thus energy is consumed.
However some devices may be very energy efficient (asic) than again others are not (gpu).
The number of users has also grown exponential, yet most users do not own many bitcoins, this is another indication that most of the hash rate growth is from big mining farms.
These will eventually become richer and then expand their operation, this has me worried.
Most companies don't buy air conditioners at an exponential rate so that comparision doesn't fly.
So I have more clearly stated the problem in this new text.
Bye,
Skybuck.
Was that meant to be clever?

Yup. It seems this is what we have to face. People who clearly have no reason for being here other than to upset me. You're mere seconds away from being in my kill filter. Who does NOT know that this kind of hooey is Autumn Nissen's MO, not the MO of Vennie Bowden? It's all just nonsense... the flooding, the posting with Vennie Bowden's name, the writing of nonsense, the temper... the puffy red eyes and tendency to show how distressed he is over being banned from the schoolyard for pissing in it again... just what Autumn Nissen does ;)

This is truly a pastime of Autumn Nissen's.

I am an absolute advocate of LibreOffice, because that's where all the exciting modernization is happening.

But Autumn Nissen feels the need to belittle the cult-like herd of convenient friends.

--
Get Rich Slow!
http://www.5z8.info/--INITIATE-CREDIT-CARD-XFER--_k7s1jt_inject_worm
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 14:53:39 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
My worry is based on exponentially increase of hash rate.
This seems a clear indication that more and more computation power and thus devices and thus energy is consumed.
However some devices may be very energy efficient (asic) than again others are not (gpu).
The number of users has also grown exponential, yet most users do not own many bitcoins, this is another indication that most of the hash rate growth is from big mining farms.
These will eventually become richer and then expand their operation, this has me worried.
Most companies don't buy air conditioners at an exponential rate so that comparision doesn't fly.
So I have more clearly stated the problem in this new text.
Bye,
Skybuck.
What is Audra Moore's poison for the flooding deluge? Access? That is the only language he knows, isn't it? He must be using it to create these goofy "group-killer" garbage posts. My theory, Audra Moore took some code that he pirated and took credit for... he is feeding it Adam LeMond's posts, grabbing offensive paragraphs, then editing those using a Markv model and then he directly posts them because his mental health issues enables him to do that practically ceaselessly.

Just nonsense from him. But Audra Moore has completely left technology behind and is simply holding me culpable for the deeds of himself. The one thing Audra Moore learned fully is to work to shame Adam LeMond into false confession and if that does not work, shout him down or quickly change the target. It is obvious this is an insomniac troll writing because some of them are keyed in to posts that occur in very specific ways with clear thought behind them, so not from a computer auto-generator. Which can only be Audra Moore. Believe it or not, just recently he was declaring himself the only "true Linux advocate", and claiming that "advocates" (in satire-quotes just to annoy Adam LeMond) are trying to make Linux become like the Mac.

Please show a single time of a successful job creator that has earned its fortune by not focusing on its consumers or services. My view is beyond your understanding. Adam LeMond just wiped the floor with Audra Moore.

--
This broke the Internet!
Michael Glasser: Prescott Computer Guy

Jonas Eklundh Communication
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-03-02 14:15:51 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
My fear is that bitcoin will cause global warming and rising electricity costs.
Just don't play the game! No need to over-think about it.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 14:22:22 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by s***@hotmail.com
My fear is that bitcoin will cause global warming and rising electricity costs.
Just don't play the game! No need to over-think about it.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
I'd respond to Kevin S Jervik directly but he is an ignoramus who twists what you say to realize his lust to call everyone a sock. Rambling cretin. Linux offers the least choice.

And in response you have nothing but a crack to start a circus. So Kevin S Jervik changed his story to Autumn Nissen responding to him.

The fabricator AKA Kevin S Jervik does it every time. Then the flood begins. Because the mama's boy just has to run to other groups in an effort to get attention from someone. Anyone.
--
Best CMS Solution of 2017

https://goo.gl/Fho5Nq
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-03-02 14:39:20 UTC
I'd respond to Kevin S Jervik directly ....
And in response you have nothing but a crack ....
The fabricator AKA Kevin S Jervik does it ...
Since this is the comp.lang.c newsgroup, let's go C programming.

Anyone got complete C source codes of BitCoins? :)
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 15:09:20 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by s***@hotmail.com
My fear is that bitcoin will cause global warming and rising electricity costs.
Just don't play the game! No need to over-think about it.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
You've proven very little.

Many advocates keep responding to Autumn Nissen. I can't indict The Underground Marshmallow Person for being annoyed but, truly, I don't get why he writes here after all this nonsense. The Underground Marshmallow Person is better suited to conversations as done in a Facebook venue and trolling newsgroups bother him too much.

I'm getting sick of the nonsense in here. I'm guessing the small-minded whackadoodle is proving the advocates right again. Yawn. Same old brain-dead trolls. Who are you even talking to? Graham Bell and Autumn Nissen had their failures and their messes. One presented it dishonestly and didn't do anything too outrageous that could not be tricking people until it was too late.

I think the point is not 100% to get innocent posters to listen to him. The point is likely to piss The Underground Marshmallow Person off for spraying outside groups he knows I frequent.

--
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.advocacy/tzMH39QmAmU

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU_evUKollmjeuJy5V5UMotPUs65Q7YM6
Jonas Eklundh
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-03-02 15:12:29 UTC
I'm getting sick of the nonsense in here. ....
I think the point is not 100% to get innocent posters ....
Anyone got complete C source codes of BitCoins?

Without source codes, how could we audit them and determine the safety
and reliability of BitCoins? ;)
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-02 15:56:47 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
I'm getting sick of the nonsense in here. ....
I think the point is not 100% to get innocent posters ....
Anyone got complete C source codes of BitCoins?
Without source codes, how could we audit them and determine the safety
and reliability of BitCoins? ;)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
I know we have different beliefs entirely. Regardless of my experiences with openSUSE, I still continue to use it for clients who have had misadventures with Windows 7, particularly if I see that they're not quite capable at PDF annotation and ignoring of all of the online threats. Was that meant to be clever? It's his problem and he has to want to deal with it. Obviously he would rather blame Adam LeMond than face reality.
--
Puppy Videos!!

Jonas Eklundh Communication AB
Mr. Man-wai Chang
2018-03-02 16:08:10 UTC
Post by Steven Petruzzellis
I know we have different beliefs entirely. Regardless of my experiences with openSUSE, I still continue to use it for clients who have had misadventures with Windows 7, particularly if I see that they're not quite capable at PDF annotation and ignoring of all of the online threats. Was that meant to be clever? It's his problem and he has to want to deal with it. Obviously he would rather blame Adam LeMond than face reality.
Do you read source codes of the programs you are using? Maybe it could
enlighten you in some ways... ;)
Steven Petruzzellis
2018-03-03 06:05:50 UTC
Post by Mr. Man-wai Chang
Post by Steven Petruzzellis
I know we have different beliefs entirely. Regardless of my experiences with openSUSE, I still continue to use it for clients who have had misadventures with Windows 7, particularly if I see that they're not quite capable at PDF annotation and ignoring of all of the online threats. Was that meant to be clever? It's his problem and he has to want to deal with it. Obviously he would rather blame Adam LeMond than face reality.
Do you read source codes of the programs you are using? Maybe it could
enlighten you in some ways... ;)
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
Who are you even speaking to? Ha, ha, ha!

Things change. Maybe the ubiquity of a usenet group is getting past its prime.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
https://redd.it/6sfhq6