Saving (not files)
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 12:01:35 UTC
Why must you be "saved"? Saved from what? What does it
mean to be "saved"?

Judgement from God looms over each of us. He judges based on
His standards, His Laws. His is a requirement of perfection. And
none of us are perfect.

God will judge everybody when they die. And everyone will be
found guilty.

If that was the end of the story, it would be awful. But it's not
the end. This is where Jesus came in. To save us from judgement,
God sent another in our place. God transfers our sin to Him, so
that He is judged, and we are not.

Jesus literally came here to save us. His name means "God who
saves" (in the same way Shoemaker means "one who makes shoes).

God did not leave us abandoned to judgement, but made a way
out. He made a way to restore us from sin, to save us from
judgement.

Jesus is that way. The only way to be saved because He's the
only one who can take our sin away. And He will receive all who
come to Him. None are turned away. No not one.

As such, the only people who will enter into Hell are those who
would not receive the free gift of salvation, the free offer of love
extended to all mankind. All races, colors, creeds. No exceptions. But you must receive it. You must ask to
be forgiven.

Seek Jesus for yourself. Taste and see for yourself that
the Lord Jesus Christ is good. He will change your life... forever.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
jacobnavia
2015-07-08 12:49:37 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God will judge everybody when they die. And everyone will be
found guilty.
Amen.

I will go to hell then, where the boss is much more liberal.

There I will meet all beautiful women. The ugly ones, the virgins that
never made it, will be in heaven and we will be left in peace.

Central heating, no priests, no religion, no god, angels and all that
paraphernalia, hell has a warm fuzzy feeling.

Wellcome to hell Rick, I know you will enjoy it!
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 13:49:16 UTC
[snip]
He will forgive you too, Jacob, if you'll ask Him. It's why He
came. The first time He came to save people. The second time
He's coming to judge, and to damn.

Today He gives people the opportunity to be saved. When He
comes tomorrow, it is over for all time, all of eternity.

Seek Him while it is still called "today".

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 14:06:36 UTC
God doesn't want to judge anybody. His Son's sacrifice at the cross
was sufficient to save all people. What God is judging is sin. And
all who embrace sin (falseness), and do not embrace truth, are those
who are being judged.

Jesus became sin for us so that He is judged by God, with the
punishment we deserve poured out on Him in our place.

Judgement is upon this world, upon sin, and all who do not escape that
judgement will be cast into the lake of fire forever. It is the proper
punishment for eternal beings made in the very image and likeness of
God.

How would the universe be with super-powerful beings going around in
sin, wickedness, doing for themselves what they wish without regard
to what's right? Look at what's happened here on this one Earth with
sin leading men's ways.

God is right, true, proper. His ways are harmonious to all of creation
everywhere... except where He gave a choice. In those places where He
gave a choice, the opportunity for sin existed, and sin entered in by
the choices made.

God still made a way out, a way of forgiveness for all who will hear
Him, seek the truth, come out, and be saved. For the rest, only the
eternal punishment of flames awaits, to keep that evil contained from
an eternal God, and His eternal beings created to be with Him in
eternity.

Jesus forgives. He saves. He restored. He is life. All who reject
Him reject life, and will enter in to Death (with an upper-case D, for
it is the final death -- not just the death of our physical bodies,
but the death of our soul in Hell).

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 15:27:58 UTC
Why do I post these things? Because I care about you. I care about
your future. Your Life (upper-case L). I want you to prosper with
great gain, and to be alive forever in the paradise of God.

There is an enemy of God operating in this world. He is Satan. And
he has no such aspirations for your life. He is content to let you
believe whatever you want to believe until the day you die because
he knows that there is real salvation in Jesus Christ, in His
forgiveness, from His death at the cross.

Satan has already been judged. His fate is sealed. And he wants to
take as many of us with him as he can. But none of us need go there.
Jesus alone made the way out. He invites everyone to come and be
saved by His sacrifice. His Death in place of your Death.

Jesus will give you new life, restoring you to eternal life. You
will be changed from the inside out, and never the same again. When
Jesus saves someone, the old passes away, the new is come, and your
very inner makeup changes. You begin to see life in a new way. As
they come up, the things of your past are all re-examined and you
see them now truly for what they were, and are. And your life is
transformed away from the enemy's ways, and into God's ways. It is
the renewing spirit living in you that does this, God's Holy Spirit,
which is Life, and Truth, and leads all men only to life and truth.

I write these messages because it is He who loves you more than
anyone. His love lives inside me, and I love you also. I write to
you so that you may also be where He is for all eternity. So that
the prospering He has in mind for you can come to fruition in your
Life, rather than to be lost in your Death.

You can ask Him from wherever you are to save you. It only takes
the acknowledgement that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness,
and then asking Him to forgive you.

He knows your heart, the truth of your request. When you seek Him
truly, in truth, pursuing truth, honestly, without falseness, even
if you're not 100% sure if it's for real, but you are still really
wanting to pursue the truth, then He knows your real intent, and
when you approach Him in that way, He receives you.

It is well worth the price of admission. In fact, for what you get
in return, it's absolutely astounding.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
David Kleinecke
Like I said once before - how do you know any of this?
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-08 16:07:33 UTC
<polemic snipped>
Post by David Kleinecke
Like I said once before - how do you know any of this?
If you want to take Rick up in theological debate, could you please
extend to the group the courtesy that Rick either ignorantly or rudely
denies it, by keeping that discussion in an appropriate forum? (This
group is not that forum.)
--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
Sig line 4 vacant - apply within
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 16:17:31 UTC
These messages I post are for those who can hear His call, the call
of God Himself, resonating on the inside of their soul. Those for
whom this call goes out will know on the inside the call is real
because it is to them both from Him within, and on this post here
without.

Jesus Himself is calling out to all people. Those who will hear Him
will come to Him, ask forgiveness, and be saved. The rest will not.

If you can hear Him, listen to Him. He is calling out to save your
eternal soul from Death.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-08 16:37:16 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
These messages I post are for those who can hear His call,
Usenet is divided into subject groups for a reason. You clearly consider
it acceptable to post articles here about salvation theology. How would
you feel if a Muslim were to post regular articles here about Islam?
(One actually does, and his theology is even worse than yours.) Or a
Hindu, plugging Shiva or Vishnu or whatever? How would you feel if some
of the atheists in this group posted long articles explaining exactly
why there is no observational evidence for any kind of god and why
believing in God is self-delusional?

The above is already a recipe for a descent into chaos from which
comp.lang.c would never recover, because the people that /actually know
the C language/ would begin to withdraw from the group as the proportion
of C discussion began to drop to undetectable levels.

But why stop at religion? People feel strongly about all kinds of
subjects - global warming (which threatens the lives of everyone in this
group, *if* it's happening, which it definitely is, or definitely isn't,
or maybe we're not quite sure, but it's *important*), proportional
representation, street crime... and then of course there's gcc, there's
Microsoft C, there's C++, there's C#, there's SQL, all of which would
find their advocates and their detractors here. And every single one of
them would justify their off-topic articles on the grounds that if it's
okay to talk about religion in a C group, surely it's okay to talk about
gcc (which is, after all, not only a religion but also actually C-related)?

To ignore this, and to think of your own particular hobbyhorse
(remember, to a great many other people, your faith is merely a
hobbyhorse, no matter how important it is to you personally) as being a
special case, is to do the group a disservice at best and, at the worst,
actual damage.

If you want to learn more about C, great, you're in the right place. But
if you want to teach people about God, find a newsgroup where people
want to learn about God. At present, the *only* thing you are teaching
people is that Christians are discourteous people. I don't want that
lesson to stick.

Please, take it somewhere else, and leave it there.
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 16:49:13 UTC
[snip]
You are utterly lost, Richard. But it need not be that way. Humble
yourself, admit that you are a sinner in need of forgiveness, and come
to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you and enter in to eternal life.

The fallen angels are not given this offering. They have no future
except damnation in Hell. Jesus ONLY extends this free gift offer of
salvation unto man.

He forgives all who come to Him. Come to Him, Richard, and be
forgiven.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-08 17:01:08 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[snip]
You are utterly lost, Richard.
No, I know exactly where I am. I'm in comp.lang.c. It's you who are
lost. You wrongly believe yourself to be in a newsgroup devoted to
Christian evangelism.

But that's not the kind of "lost" you mean, is it? Well, I've been a
Christian for almost a third of a century. If you think that anyone who
thinks your behaviour is discourteous must necessarily be a
non-Christian, then your theology is broken.

In *this* group, please stick to C.
James Kuyper
2015-07-08 17:00:21 UTC
On 07/08/2015 12:37 PM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
Post by Richard Heathfield
To ignore this, and to think of your own particular hobbyhorse
(remember, to a great many other people, your faith is merely a
hobbyhorse, no matter how important it is to you personally) as being a
That's the key point though - no matter how many people consider his
faith to be "merely a hobbyhorse" - to him, it's clear that those people
are unambiguously wrong. His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such discussions
are appropriate. I'm sure he discusses it with strangers he meets in
public restrooms. I'm sure that he discusses it loudly in the middle of
the performance of a play (even if the play has nothing to do with his
faith). I'm sure that if he were watching firemen rescuing people from a
burning building, he'd insist on delaying those firemen in their rescue
efforts by discussing his faith with them (those firemen might be facing
their death, after all - it's important that, if they die, they do so
believing the truth about Jesus). OK - I might be exaggerating on that
last one :-) - I hope!
That's because discussing his faith is so IMPORTANT that there are no
inappropriate contexts for discussing it - as far as he's concerned. The
rest of us are left to suffer for his lack of proper judgment - which is
justified because we're all WRONG.
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-08 17:08:54 UTC
Post by James Kuyper
Post by Richard Heathfield
To ignore this, and to think of your own particular hobbyhorse
(remember, to a great many other people, your faith is merely a
hobbyhorse, no matter how important it is to you personally) as being a
That's the key point though - no matter how many people consider his
faith to be "merely a hobbyhorse" - to him, it's clear that those people
are unambiguously wrong.
I think it's important to remember that almost all of the Christians who
subscribe and contribute to this group do /not/ abuse it in this way
(any more than most of the Muslims or Hindus or FSMers or whatever).
Post by James Kuyper
His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such discussions
are appropriate. I'm sure he discusses it with strangers he meets in
public restrooms. I'm sure that he discusses it loudly in the middle of
the performance of a play (even if the play has nothing to do with his
faith).
It's perhaps a little unkind to say that out loud, but it's almost
impossible not to think it.

Rick, don't you realise your behaviour is counter-productive?
Melzzzzz
It could be also sign of mental illness...
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 17:13:51 UTC
Rick, don't you realize your behavior is counter-productive?
Based on the responses I see here, I'd say the Holy Spirit is doing
His job in people's hearts.

Conviction is a powerful thing. People will either humbles
themselves before it, or fight against it. And Jesus receives all
those who humble themselves before it.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-08 17:23:02 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Rick, don't you realize your behavior is counter-productive?
Based on the responses I see here, I'd say the Holy Spirit is doing
His job in people's hearts.
The responses I see here are:

* a joke response about hell
* a request for evidence to support your assertions
* a request to take your discussion to a more appropriate group
* a query about your mental health

Based on the responses I see here, then, I'd say there's no evidence to
support your claim about the Holy Spirit.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Conviction is a powerful thing. People will either humbles
themselves before it, or fight against it.
The division of Usenet into topical groups is a good thing. People who
fight against it generally do so because they don't understand /why/
it's a good thing, which means they haven't taken the time to understand
Usenet, which is something you're supposed to do before you write your
very first Usenet article.
Ben Bacarisse
2015-07-08 20:09:29 UTC
James Kuyper <***@verizon.net> writes:
<snip>
[...] His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such discussions
are appropriate.
I've wondered about that. I once asked if comp.lang.c was the only
Usenet group that he treats this way but I don't recall an answer. I
can't find any such posts in the other groups he posts in but my search
fu may be failing me.

<snip>
Ben.
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-08 20:13:31 UTC
Post by Ben Bacarisse
<snip>
[...] His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such
discussions are appropriate.
I've wondered about that. I once asked if comp.lang.c was the only
Usenet group that he treats this way but I don't recall an answer. I
can't find any such posts in the other groups he posts in but my search
fu may be failing me.
A man is not divided. If he preaches the gospel it is because he has
been changed by Jesus Christ. If he doesn't preach the gospel, it's
because Jesus Christ has not changed him, but rather he is instead
doing something which involves Jesus Christ from his point of view,
but does not involve Jesus Christ from Jesus's point of view.

A man is a sum total being. When I come to computer programming, I
bring myself to that table. I am a Christian, and Jesus Christ offers
people eternal life. I preach and teach about that. But I am also a
computer programmer, and I discuss those things as well.

It is a lie of the enemy that we must divide ourselves into "this part
of ourself" here, and "this part of ourself" there. We are always and
only a unified whole... either on His side, or not.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
James Kuyper
2015-07-08 20:35:45 UTC
Post by Ben Bacarisse
<snip>
[...] His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such discussions
are appropriate.
I've wondered about that. I once asked if comp.lang.c was the only
Usenet group that he treats this way but I don't recall an answer. I
can't find any such posts in the other groups he posts in but my search
fu may be failing me.
Google groups has a minimally acceptable search engine that only allows
you to search one specific group, and a much less powerful one that
allows searches across multiple groups. However, using the second engine
I searched for

faith "Rick C. Hodgin"

and got 58 messages, many of which were not posted to comp.lang.c,
including the first one:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.arch/V1PRvI3U7vU/hAIG-mGUUKQJ>

None of his messages containing the word "faith" appear to have been
posted to religious newsgroups. The only places where he discusses these
things are places where it's inappropriate to do so?
Melzzzzz
2015-07-08 20:54:36 UTC
On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 16:35:45 -0400
Post by James Kuyper
Post by Ben Bacarisse
<snip>
[...]
That is because he would be considered nut in religious newsgroup.
People who understand those matters and take it normally would
recognize fanatic immediately.
Ben Bacarisse
2015-07-08 20:57:53 UTC
Post by James Kuyper
Post by Ben Bacarisse
<snip>
[...] His faith is so important that it must be
discussed absolutely everywhere, regardless of whether such discussions
are appropriate.
I've wondered about that. I once asked if comp.lang.c was the only
Usenet group that he treats this way but I don't recall an answer. I
can't find any such posts in the other groups he posts in but my search
fu may be failing me.
Google groups has a minimally acceptable search engine that only allows
you to search one specific group, and a much less powerful one that
allows searches across multiple groups. However, using the second engine
I searched for
faith "Rick C. Hodgin"
and got 58 messages, many of which were not posted to comp.lang.c,
Ah, right. I stand corrected -- he's an equal opportunity spammer.

<snip>
Ben.
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-09 09:18:15 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/lovewarns

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Noob
He also spammed comp.arch a while ago.
David Kleinecke
2015-07-09 16:38:42 UTC
Post by Richard Heathfield
<polemic snipped>
Post by David Kleinecke
Like I said once before - how do you know any of this?
If you want to take Rick up in theological debate, could you please
extend to the group the courtesy that Rick either ignorantly or rudely
denies it, by keeping that discussion in an appropriate forum? (This
group is not that forum.)
Been there. Done that.

Perhaps he learned all this by reading the C11 standard.
Kenny McCormack
2015-07-08 16:23:41 UTC
Post by David Kleinecke
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Yes. We expect chapter and verse.

And, yes, before anyone asks, we are talking about the C standards
documents, not any other silly document that you might be thinking of
quoting.
Mike Huckabee has yet to consciously uncouple from Josh Duggar.
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-09 14:17:13 UTC
What the Lord offers is eternal life. A washing away of your sins.
Washed in His blood, leaving you whiter than snow.

Jesus is the only way. He calls out to you. Answer Him. His call
rings out because He loves you and wants you to be where He is.
Forever.

A walk for the Lord in this world is not easy. Everyone will make
fun of you, shun you, call you names, and more. But I testify that
the peace He brings, and His Goodness, is worth all of it. And
what we have here in this world in Him, the presence of His Holy
Spirit living in us, is but a tiny down payment of what's to come
in Heaven forever.

The enemy of God does not want you to have what he has lost. He
knows that Jesus is the only way, which is why the Christian church
is attacked so hard. Sinful men calling themselves Christians
doing sinful things. And holy men attacked, being called legalistic,
or religion-focused, rather than that which it truly is in their
hearts: an honest and true love for God, and a desire to do what He
has said, because of who He is, and what He's done for them in their
life.

I've used this analogy in reaching out to people before: If you had
grandparents that you loved tremendously, and sought to honor when
in their house, and they had a rule that you had to take your shoes
off when entering the house, you would do it without hesitation,
even if you didn't think it was harmful to the floor to wear shoes.
You would do it because you loved them, wanted to honor them, and in
that way were willing to follow their guidance willingly.

How much more so for devout believers and God?

You will know devout believers because we do what our Lord commands:
To love one another, to go and teach and make disciples, and to keep
Him before us always, in prayer continually, seeking His Holy Spirit
to be our guide, our lead, that which we turn to for instruction,
comfort, help, and aid in our times of trouble.

The love He has for us lives inside of us because of His Holy Spirit
presence, the down payment given those who are born again that they
might know the truth, and that truth would set them free from the
lies of the enemy, the one the Bible says is literally leading the
whole world astray.

Jesus is life. He is the way, the truth, and the life. And He has
eternal life to give for all who will humble themselves and come to
Him. It is a free gift. It is available to all people. All you
have to do is come to Him and receive it.

I am often criticized for the things I post like this thread. But
I ask you consider: What am I gaining by asking you to follow Jesus
Christ? Have we ever met personally? Am I in a position to take
something from you should you become a believer? Do I ask you to
join a particular church or to send money to my organization?

I am asking you to ask Jesus Christ Himself to forgive you. I am
asking you to seek His Holy Spirit for guidance in your life, and to
seek the truth no matter where it may lead. I am asking you to do
those things God Himself has asked His believers to do: to lead
other people to His Son so that they too might be forgiven.

Jesus Christ calls out to you. If you can hear His voice, answer
Him, for the time is very short. And His period of Grace is fast
approaching an end. When He returns soon for His people, it will
be too late. You must call on Him today, while there is still
time.

"Dear God. I am a sinner in need of salvation. I have committed
acts of sin against You, and I am guilty. I ask You, Jesus, to
forgive my sins, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I
ask your Holy Spirit to come and change my life. I don't want to
live the way I have been living. And I want to be part of your
eternal Kingdom in Heaven. I come to you for forgiveness. I do
so in Jesus' name. Amen."

Our walk with the Lord is continuous. It begins from wherever you
are, going only straight onto Him ahead. Each of us begins at a
different place, but each of us begins at the same place in that
our beginning is wherever we are. We all then proceed in the
straight line to where He is up ahead. We keep our eyes focused
on Him, and we do not listen to the world's distractions, nor the
lies of the enemy. We rebuke those lies using Bible scripture
references, the words of God given unto men to rebuke the anti-Christ
spirit, and all of the lies therein.

Jesus Christ is our King. He is King of kings. And Lord of lords.
Above Him there is no other. He is God Almighty.

Seek Him while it is still called today, for you do not know how
much time remains. And for those who die unexpectedly, your day
will come upon you sooner than for those who remain. And since
none of us are promised tomorrow, we do not know when that will be.

Seek the Lord in your life. Make Him the Lord of your life. Listen
to His guidance. Trust in His word. Rest in the comfort of His
Kingdom, for His is an eternal Kingdom, the kind that was created
for man originally, and the kind that sin has robbed us of, but that
Jesus restores us to.

Jesus alone makes it possible. He transfers our sin away from us to
Him so that the demands of God's Justice are still fulfilled, and we
are able to presented to God the Father in Heaven faultless, without
stain, wrinkle, or blemish.

Jesus leads us Home. Forever.

-----
From the Bible, the Gospel of John in a modern English translation:

The King James Version of the Bible provides more accurate wording
which better describes the original translation from Greek. And in
addition, Young's Literal Translation provides more information
about the original word order. And Strong's dictionary provides
references for the meaning of each word, and its original intent in
Greek (for the New Testament).

The Bible is divided into two parts: The Old Testament, and The New
Testament.

The Old Testament was the story before Jesus came, before the Messiah
came, before the Savior came.

The New Testament describes Jesus' coming, and the early church, and
what will happen in the end times.

Jesus divided time: B.C. (Before Christ) and A.D. (in the Year of our
Lord). Satan has tried to usurp that delineation with B.C.E and C.E.

The true Christian church is under attack from all sides because it is
there, in Jesus Christ, that we are forgiven, that we are restored,
that we have eternal life. Satan cannot undo what God has done, but
he tries to trick us into following other voices, other ideas, other
ways which, to a man's brute-force carnal way of thinking, seem right.
But the ways of the Spirit are different than the ways of the flesh.
And it is those who are called spiritually, who are born again, who
follow God in Spirit and in truth, who are the ones who are saved.
The rest are pretenders, those playing at religion, but they have no
relationship with Jesus Christ.

It doesn't matter the church you belong to, but it matters your
relationship with Jesus Christ. If He is Lord of your life, and you
are walking purposefully in holiness unto His eternal Kingdom, then
you are saved. If you are doing otherwise, you are lost.

Seek the Lord and follow Him as Lord. He is called "Lord" for a
reason. He is the Lord of lords. And King of kings, called
"Faithful and True" because of who He is.

Jesus ... like no other. Seek Him, and live.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Richard Heathfield
2015-07-09 14:44:53 UTC
On 09/07/15 15:17, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:

<snip>
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I am often criticized for the things I post like this thread.
Indeed, and with good reason. You should pay attention to that
criticism, and learn from it.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
But
I ask you consider: What am I gaining by asking you to follow Jesus
Christ?
That's easy - you're gaining a reputation for posting inappropriate
material in a technical newsgroup. Jesus understood, as you do not, the
distinction between the sacred and the secular. See, for example, Mark
12:17.

See also Romans 13:1-2 for Paul's attitude to properly-constituted
authority, which in the current context would be Usenet norms and
conventions (such as, for example, RFC 1855, which says (among an awful
lot of other things):

- Don't send large amounts of unsolicited information to people. [1]
- Read both mailing lists and newsgroups for one to two months before
you post anything. This helps you to get an understanding of
the culture of the group. [2]
- Messages and articles should be brief and to the point. Don't
wander off-topic...[3]
- Advertising is welcomed on some lists and Newsgroups, and abhorred
on others! [4]
- There are Newsgroups and Mailing Lists which discuss topics
of wide varieties of interests. These represent a diversity of
lifestyles, religions, and cultures. Posting articles or sending
messages to a group whose point of view is offensive to you
simply to tell them they are offensive is not acceptable. [5]

Notes:
[1] In a technical newsgroup such as comp.lang.c, religious polemic is
unsolicited.
[2] The purpose of learning about the culture of the group is so that
you can honour it, not so that you can oppose it.
[3] In comp.lang.c, the topic is C, not religion.
[4] Religious polemic is basically advertising.
[5] Your shotgun proselytism is broadly similar to telling the entire
newsgroup that their lifestyle is unacceptable to you.

By *not* conforming to Usenet norms and conventions in general, and
comp.lang.c's topic in particular, you demonstrate a contempt for your
fellow humans that is not appropriate for anyone, let alone Christians,
and you show that you pick and choose your scriptures to suit your
predilections instead of honouring the spirit of the Gospel message,
which is about love, sacrifice, grace, and compassion, not hellfire
sermons to C programmers.
Rick C. Hodgin
2015-07-09 15:00:29 UTC
Satan has twisted things so they are upside down. When the final
day comes, and each of us stands naked before a Holy, Holy, Holy
God ... the reality of the way things are will be revealed to us,
and we will know what sin has done to our perceptions here on
Earth, and why it is each of us must be born again to see the
Kingdom of God.

Sin is literal Death. It is spiritual death, so that the things
which are eternal, spiritual, cannot be known or understood. All
we are left with then is our carnal nature, and that nature is
under sin as well (our bodies age, can get sick and fail), and it
is the dominion of Satan (sin).

It is the dominion of eternal life, holiness, truth, and all
things which are right, true, and proper, that Jesus is and moves
in, for He is everything which is all of those things.

The day is coming soon. The trumpets are being sounded everywhere.
I advise each of you to listen to those trumpets and seek the Lord
while He may still be found, for as Noah and his wife, and his sons
and their wives, entered into the Ark, the door was closed by God.
And no one else could enter in. And no one else was saved, but
only those who were called by God, and were obedient to His calling.

This is not a small matter. It's more important than anything else
in your entire life. There are no more things which are more
important than this, including everything you have in your life,
your family, your possessions, your friends, even your health.
What Jesus has warned us about is the thing we must have ahead of
all other things. He must be first, because He *IS* first. And
when we acknowledge Him as being first, we are His. But all who
place ANY other thing ahead of Him, are not following Him, and are
following Satan, and will be cast into the burning lake of fire on
that final day of Judgement.

It is why He warns each of you... that you too might hear, and be
saved. Please, hear His message, and listen to Him. He calls out
to save you, and to give you eternal life in the Paradise of God.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-04-30 21:28:02 UTC
On 7/8/15, 5:01 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Changing topics but it seems safe on this off-topic post.

Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you wish to
continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not, that is fine as
well and no offense is taken.
--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Rick C. Hodgin
2017-04-30 22:00:52 UTC
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
Post by Snit
http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
People are not like garbage trucks. That's actually very insulting.

The truth is as follows, and there is a direct solution to the issue:

(1) People have sin
(2) Sin separates us from God, and enables us to listen to the
enemy of God, rather than to God Himself.
(3) Sin condemns a person's soul to Hell.
(4) Only when our sin is taken away are we set free from Hell.
(5) Only Jesus can take our sin away because of what He did at
the cross.
(6) The person forgiven of sin is no longer under punishment
for sin, and their judgment is taken away. It makes them
alive again spiritually.
(7) The born again nature (being alive again spiritually) will
assert itself in pronounced and wide-sweeping ways in the
true believer's life, resulting in changes toward the things
of God and away from the things of this world.

The truth has one voice, "Snit." It is the voice of Jesus Christ.
I urge you to pursue this and see for yourself if what I say is true
or not. Your eternal soul depends on it.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Jerry Stuckle
2017-04-30 22:47:24 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
<snip>

Rick, don't feed the troll. And you won't get anywhere trying to get
them halted. This isn't the first newsgroup he has posted in, and
Google doesn't care.

Just killfile him like most of the rest do. Ignoring a troll like him
is the worst thing you can do to hom.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
==================
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 00:01:10 UTC
Post by Ben Bacarisse
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
<snip>
Rick, don't feed the troll.
I feel like responding to you is feeding a troll, Jerry. This
will be my only reply to you on this subject.

-----
Your suggestion, Jerry, falls short of my goal, which was to try
to reach this person and tell them that what they're doing is wrong,
and that they need to cease doing that. I also taught that if they
don't know what the right thing to do is to investigate Jesus Christ
in the New Testament, because He will show them what to do in all
ways to be right.
Post by Ben Bacarisse
And you won't get anywhere trying to get them halted.
I haven't tried yet, Jerry. And I refuse to accept it from your
personal authority and assurance that my attempts at action would
fail, fall on deaf ears, or not bear fruit.

I've seen two testimonies recently which disprove guidance like
yours:

(1) A young man had started college and was struggling.
His step-dad told him he should just quit school
because he'd never be able to graduate, and should
just drop out now and save the hassle. Four years
later he got his diploma, and his step-dad was in
prison.

(2) A woman in my church had gotten pregnant when she
was in her mid-teens. From a very poor family, out
of wedlock with the baby's father out of the picture,
with no family with education or upward mobility to rely
upon, she was advised by everyone (including doctors)
to have an abortion, or to give the child up for adoption.
She thought hard about it, but wound up keeping the girl.
She told us today at Sunday School, her happiest moment
was watching her graduate from college 21 years later.
It put a stamp on her choice, and all the effort it took
to get there, those many years later.

We don't know what's possible until we try, Jerry. And giving up
before we try is ALWAYS wrong. And trying to do the right things
for the right reasons is NEVER wrong, even if we fail in so doing.

You cannot affect change unless you move. And the more people
move for what's right in this world, the more right things we have
changing in this world.
Post by Ben Bacarisse
This isn't the first newsgroup he has posted in, and
Google doesn't care.
Everyone posts using a unique MAC address, and this particular poster
is using the same set of names. And even if they flashed their network
cards often, the sources of those messages could be identified fairly
quickly by a deliberate search. If, for example, it was some kind of
person intent on doing real harm to a CEO or leader of some nation,
those tools which already exist to track down such people would be
brought to bear to track them down. We just need to encourage these
Usenet-related entities to act.

And if they won't act, then we need to move in and infiltrate their
organization and implement change from the inside. And if that's not
possible, then we need to create an alternative which does enable
that kind of filtering so as to provide those who wish to be spam-
free an option which would then be spam-free.

And if we can't move in that way for whatever reason, then perhaps
what's needed is new legislation to make it illegal to post spam to
widely published groups like this because it is a literal theft of
all of our machine and time resources. We are harmed at large by
such large intrusions, and this is exactly why governments exist:
to protect the liberty of people against such intrusions.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Jerry Stuckle
2017-05-01 01:21:23 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ben Bacarisse
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
<snip>
Rick, don't feed the troll.
I feel like responding to you is feeding a troll, Jerry. This
will be my only reply to you on this subject.
Your loss, Rick. But then that's what I would expect from you.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
-----
Your suggestion, Jerry, falls short of my goal, which was to try
to reach this person and tell them that what they're doing is wrong,
and that they need to cease doing that. I also taught that if they
don't know what the right thing to do is to investigate Jesus Christ
in the New Testament, because He will show them what to do in all
ways to be right.
Troll, meet troll.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ben Bacarisse
And you won't get anywhere trying to get them halted.
I haven't tried yet, Jerry. And I refuse to accept it from your
personal authority and assurance that my attempts at action would
fail, fall on deaf ears, or not bear fruit.
Quite frankly, Rick, that's exactly what I would expect from you. You
don't care about anyone or anything except your proselytizing.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I've seen two testimonies recently which disprove guidance like
(1) A young man had started college and was struggling.
His step-dad told him he should just quit school
because he'd never be able to graduate, and should
just drop out now and save the hassle. Four years
later he got his diploma, and his step-dad was in
prison.
Which proves absolutely nothing except that his dad was wrong.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
(2) A woman in my church had gotten pregnant when she
was in her mid-teens. From a very poor family, out
of wedlock with the baby's father out of the picture,
with no family with education or upward mobility to rely
upon, she was advised by everyone (including doctors)
to have an abortion, or to give the child up for adoption.
She thought hard about it, but wound up keeping the girl.
She told us today at Sunday School, her happiest moment
was watching her graduate from college 21 years later.
It put a stamp on her choice, and all the effort it took
to get there, those many years later.
So? Not all advice is the same for everyone.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
We don't know what's possible until we try, Jerry. And giving up
before we try is ALWAYS wrong. And trying to do the right things
for the right reasons is NEVER wrong, even if we fail in so doing.
The difference between trying and being an asshole is people who try
know when to stop. Assholes continue.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You cannot affect change unless you move. And the more people
move for what's right in this world, the more right things we have
changing in this world.
But you are doing a great job driving people AWAY from God. Just like
Satan wants you to do.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ben Bacarisse
This isn't the first newsgroup he has posted in, and
Google doesn't care.
Everyone posts using a unique MAC address, and this particular poster
is using the same set of names. And even if they flashed their network
cards often, the sources of those messages could be identified fairly
quickly by a deliberate search. If, for example, it was some kind of
person intent on doing real harm to a CEO or leader of some nation,
those tools which already exist to track down such people would be
brought to bear to track them down. We just need to encourage these
Usenet-related entities to act.
The MAC address is only valid for one link - the one between his
computer and his ISP. It is NOT forwarded to other systems. And there
are many ways to hide where one is posting from. That's why hackers are
so successful.

For instance - daily I get dozens of attempts to hack each of my
servers. There are several indications that it is the same person
trying from different IP addresses - none of them his own, of course.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if they won't act, then we need to move in and infiltrate their
organization and implement change from the inside. And if that's not
possible, then we need to create an alternative which does enable
that kind of filtering so as to provide those who wish to be spam-
free an option which would then be spam-free.
So you are advocating illegal actions to stop trolling. It won't work.
And there is a solution - it is called a killfile.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if we can't move in that way for whatever reason, then perhaps
what's needed is new legislation to make it illegal to post spam to
widely published groups like this because it is a literal theft of
all of our machine and time resources. We are harmed at large by
to protect the liberty of people against such intrusions.
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Yes, let's see you make it illegal for someone from China using a server
in Brazil to post to a newsgroup server in California.

It ain't gonna happen. Even if the legislation were there, no
government is going to spend millions of dollars attempting to track
down a troll only because he's annoying.

If that were the case, you would have been in jail long ago.
--
==================
==================
Snit
2017-05-01 02:42:56 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You cannot affect change unless you move. And the more people
move for what's right in this world, the more right things we have
changing in this world.
But you are doing a great job driving people AWAY from God. Just like
Satan wants you to do.
My personal view is the Bible is better understood, as a work of fiction, if
you assume it is written from the point of view of an unreliable narrator
and his followers. But that is just my view, and surely not the intent of
the authors. But whatever people believe is fine by me -- how they treat
others matters.
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Jerry Stuckle
[...]
Still an easy (if not fully effective) way to stop this: Google could listen
to the complaints and kill the accounts. The flooder has noted in other
groups he has been kicked from many other services and that is why he uses
GG.
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if they won't act, then we need to move in and infiltrate their
organization and implement change from the inside. And if that's not
possible, then we need to create an alternative which does enable
that kind of filtering so as to provide those who wish to be spam-
free an option which would then be spam-free.
So you are advocating illegal actions to stop trolling. It won't work.
And there is a solution - it is called a killfile.
That, too. And that is what I use. I do not see the posts any more but I
will admit I am not happy they are so heavily focused on me. Nothing I can
do about that though (the two people doing the flooding have been trolling
me for over a decade, the main one doing so without getting any direct
response from me in years... they are not exactly sane)
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if we can't move in that way for whatever reason, then perhaps
what's needed is new legislation to make it illegal to post spam to
widely published groups like this because it is a literal theft of
all of our machine and time resources. We are harmed at large by
to protect the liberty of people against such intrusions.
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Yes, let's see you make it illegal for someone from China using a server
in Brazil to post to a newsgroup server in California.
It ain't gonna happen. Even if the legislation were there, no
government is going to spend millions of dollars attempting to track
down a troll only because he's annoying.
If that were the case, you would have been in jail long ago.
Agreed: but Google could look at the complaints I, and I am sure others,
have sent in and kill the accounts.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 02:52:52 UTC
My personal view is...
The Bible teaches you itself, as it is God's own spirit written down for
man to read. It is not like other books, but for the soul seeking to know
the truth (whether it leads this way, or that way, to affirm prior beliefs,
or replace them with truth), it will teach a person the truth, because God
is there in the literal words. When a person seeks the truth, they are
seeking Jesus Christ.

Nobody on the entire Earth can come to Jesus unless God the Father draws
them from within. And all who are drawn from within will come to Jesus,
repent, and ask forgiveness, and be saved. The rest will perish.

If you cannot hear His voice is it because you are perishing. It is the
same for all people

But if you can hear His voice, listen to Him. He is calling out to save
your soul, and give you eternal life.

-----
The Bible is true. It is God's own spirit written down. Jesus is real.
Hell is real. Sin is real. Punishment for sin is real. And the
salvation Jesus offers people is real.

Everyone will know this one day, but for those who find it in this world
they find salvation, and eternal life. It's why Christians teach people
these things ... so they too have the opportunity to come to know and be
saved before they leave this world, for all who leave this world unforgiven
enter into Hell as the judgment for their sin is solidified in God's own
Courtroom. There is one punishment for an eternal being guilty of sin:
eternal damnation. It IS the fate of all people who do not come to accept
Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (John 3:18):

http://biblehub.com/kjv/john/3-18.htm
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth
not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name
of the only begotten Son of God.

I can't make you believe this. That's not my job. Only God can make you
believe it by changing you on the inside so you can believe it. My job is
to teach you the truth so that those who are drawn by God will know it,
and move in the right ways in their life leading them to salvation.

If you can hear His call, answer it. Only you know if you can hear His
call in your inner man or not.

Take special care and heed of this message. It's given to you for a real
reason. It's given to you with purpose.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 02:38:09 UTC
On 4/30/17, 5:01 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ben Bacarisse
Post by Ben Bacarisse
[...]
Easier: Google should just kill the accounts. Sure, the flooders would get
new ones but if they were killed quickly it would soon be too much effort.
Google does have SOME safeguards around this: I know when I tested posting
from my gmail account through Google Groups of the two posts one had a
CAPTCHA. Presumably they have these on a good percent of posts... so somehow
the flooders have gotten around this. One said the answer was insomnia and
at least using partial manual work but that seems over-the-top, even for
him. Then again I have no better answer.

Anyone know how often Google asks GG users to prove they are human?

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Snit
2017-05-01 02:33:55 UTC
Post by Ben Bacarisse
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
<snip>
Rick, don't feed the troll. And you won't get anywhere trying to get
them halted. This isn't the first newsgroup he has posted in, and
Google doesn't care.
No, they do not. It is frustrating.
Post by Ben Bacarisse
Just killfile him like most of the rest do. Ignoring a troll like him
is the worst thing you can do to hom.
Rick contacted me outside of comp.lang.c and spoke of it. I came here and
responded to one of his posts to give him info he said he did not have (my
email).

There is really nothing else to it.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Snit
2017-05-01 02:32:26 UTC
On 4/30/17, 3:00 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Elsewhere we talked about my email -- it is on this message. If you
wish to continue our conversation privately I am open to it. If not,
that is fine as well and no offense is taken.
I have said what I wanted to say regarding these spam posts. There
must be some way to approach an authority and get them halted. I'm
about to the point of investing time toward that end.
I have repeatedly reported them to Google. They do nothing.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
People are not like garbage trucks. That's actually very insulting.
Well, depends on how you take the metaphor. As presented in the video I do
not find it insulting, but I am pretty hard to insult. :)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
(1) People have sin
And cosin! :)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
(2) Sin separates us from God, and enables us to listen to the
enemy of God, rather than to God Himself.
(3) Sin condemns a person's soul to Hell.
(4) Only when our sin is taken away are we set free from Hell.
(5) Only Jesus can take our sin away because of what He did at
the cross.
(6) The person forgiven of sin is no longer under punishment
for sin, and their judgment is taken away. It makes them
alive again spiritually.
(7) The born again nature (being alive again spiritually) will
assert itself in pronounced and wide-sweeping ways in the
true believer's life, resulting in changes toward the things
of God and away from the things of this world.
The truth has one voice, "Snit." It is the voice of Jesus Christ.
I urge you to pursue this and see for yourself if what I say is true
or not. Your eternal soul depends on it.
I respect you having that religious view. Mine is different (for one I am an
atheist). You will not see me attacking you for your religion, nor see me
trying to have you renounce your religion, but I find it immoral for you or
anyone to try to push your religious (or lack of religious) views on others.

Jew. Christian. Muslims. Buddhist. Atheist. Wiccan. Does not matter to me
one bit... what matters to me is how you treat other people.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 02:42:35 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Religion can be pushed upon other people, but nobody can push
Christianity upon another. True Christianity is not religion,
but it is a transformation. When a person is forgiven of their
sin, they no longer have sin, are no longer under judgment for
sin, and are then made alive again spiritually. The old man
passes away, and the new man is born. Everything changes in that
selfsame instant.

It's different than religion. It's salvation. It's what makes
God's offer different than mere religion. He is offering to save
each person's eternal soul from death, and to restore them to
eternal life.
Post by Snit
Jew. Christian. Muslims. Buddhist. Atheist. Wiccan. Does not matter to me
one bit... what matters to me is how you treat other people.
It does matter.

It matters because only Jesus Christ can take away sin. All who put
their faith in something else retain their sin, and will be judged for
it when they leave this world, found guilty, and cast into Hell.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/hebrews/9-27.htm
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this
the judgment:

I teach these things because there are some that will repent, come out
from the deception of this world, ask forgiveness, and be saved. The
rest will perish.

If you can hear His voice, listen to Him. He's calling out to save
you from Hell, to save your eternal soul. The call is from within,
and not from without, but you will know these words I write are true
when they align with the call He makes to you on the inside, in your
core, the part of you that is personal, distinct, well-known, and
undeniable.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 02:49:57 UTC
On 4/30/17, 7:42 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
[...]
I often wonder if Christians have actually read the Bible... so many seem to
think it is a good source of teaching morality. I find that interesting,
given the actual lessons in it (some moral, some not).

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 03:01:39 UTC
Post by Snit
I often wonder if Christians have actually read the Bible... so many seem to
think it is a good source of teaching morality. I find that interesting,
given the actual lessons in it (some moral, some not).
Many Christians teach morality. The Bible is a correct and true guidance
for morality. It is expected, however, that people who are not yet saved
will not be operating under the guidance of God's Holy Spirit, and will be
operating under the spirit of this world, wrapped up in sin, caught up so
heavily and blindly in it that when they are finally saved they realize
the foul state of their lives when held up next to a Holy, Holy, Holy God.

But it's not for Christians to try and teach morality alone to non-
believers. Our job is to teach people the need for obeying Jesus Christ,
which is a comprehensive teaching of the foundational knowledge of God's
existence, sin's existence, the nature of man, the nature of the fall of
man, that we are three-fold beings (soul, body, spirit), and that because
of sin we died spiritually and are now under judgment for sin, of the free
gift of salvation from Jesus Christ for those who repent and ask Him to
forgive their sin.

It is a very difficult teaching because everything related to Jesus Christ
is spirit, and people in sin are dead spiritually. They CANNOT hear any
of it. Therefore, it is not a Christian's job to make people believe, but
only to speak His words and teach people rightly. It must be God Himself
who reaches into people and flips the invisible switches and knobs which
make that person then able to hear the message, able to come to Jesus,
able to repent and ask forgiveness so they are saved.

It is entirely an act of God. He just uses us as parts of the act of
salvation. But all of it, including our own drawing from within to teach
people about Jesus Christ, comes from Him and His power and authority.

-----
The Bible is divided into two parts: The Old Testament, and the New
Testament. The Old Testament focused on Israel and the future coming
of their Messiah. The New Testament focuses upon Jesus, the Messiah,
and the rejection of the Messiah by Israel, so that we are now in a new
age of grace, the age of the gentiles where all people worldwide can
now be called in and grafted in to the Kingdom.

This time will soon end, and focus will again return to Israel. But
until that time, the offering of salvation from Jesus Christ is extended
out to all people world-wide. And all who will seek the truth will be
saved. The rest will perish.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 03:52:32 UTC
On 4/30/17, 8:01 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
I often wonder if Christians have actually read the Bible... so many seem to
think it is a good source of teaching morality. I find that interesting,
given the actual lessons in it (some moral, some not).
Many Christians teach morality. The Bible is a correct and true guidance
for morality.
Sounds like you have not read it. I know many of the lessons it teaches are
ones I would never follow, and if others did they would belong in prison.

But that does not mean there are not many good Christians. There are.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It is expected, however, that people who are not yet saved will not be
operating under the guidance of God's Holy Spirit, and will be operating under
the spirit of this world, wrapped up in sin, caught up so heavily and blindly
in it that when they are finally saved they realize the foul state of their
lives when held up next to a Holy, Holy, Holy God.
But it's not for Christians to try and teach morality alone to non- believers.
Our job is to teach people the need for obeying Jesus Christ,
I would say it is immoral to try to push your religious beliefs on others.
Want to share. Cool. But when you get to the point of pushing or belittling
others for having different beliefs that is immoral.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Those are your beliefs. Cool. I and many others do not share them. That is
cool, too.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 13:35:46 UTC
Post by Snit
Many Christians teach morality. The Bible is a correct and true guidance
for morality.
Sounds like you have not read it. I know many of the lessons it teaches
are ones I would never follow, and if others did they would belong
in prison.
I have studied the Bible. There are some aspects which cannot be
understood by a natural man because the reasoning behind God's
instruction is spiritual in nature. But all of it is understood
when God's creation is held under the recognition that God is God,
we are His creation, that all people die, and that only God has the
authority to set dates for our birth and our death.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 15:14:06 UTC
On 5/1/17, 6:35 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Many Christians teach morality. The Bible is a correct and true guidance
for morality.
Sounds like you have not read it. I know many of the lessons it teaches
are ones I would never follow, and if others did they would belong
in prison.
I have studied the Bible. There are some aspects which cannot be
understood by a natural man because the reasoning behind God's
instruction is spiritual in nature. But all of it is understood
when God's creation is held under the recognition that God is God,
we are His creation, that all people die, and that only God has the
authority to set dates for our birth and our death.
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
The bible was written by different people over thousands of years, edited
and re-edited over that time, and is of course contradictory and a poor
moral guide. With that said, there are many Christians who are wonderful
people -- they look to the good in the Bible and try to live morally despite
what is in their holy book. Heck, the current Pope seems mostly moral and
decent.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 16:32:57 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Sounds like you have not read it. I know many of the lessons it teaches
are ones I would never follow, and if others did they would belong
in prison.
I have studied the Bible. There are some aspects which cannot be
understood by a natural man because the reasoning behind God's
instruction is spiritual in nature. But all of it is understood
when God's creation is held under the recognition that God is God,
we are His creation, that all people die, and that only God has the
authority to set dates for our birth and our death.
The bible was written by different people over thousands of years, edited
and re-edited over that time, and is of course contradictory and a poor
moral guide.
You ascribe authority to a place it doesn't exist. God is truth, and
He has all authority in Heaven and upon the Earth. You suggest the
enemy of God, or man in his fallen state, could in some way corrupt
the Bible and prevent it from being maintained over centuries. Such
is not possible, for it is God's own word that was given through men
by His Holy Spirit. Because of that source, it will not be undone.

Those who still seek the truth in 2017 will find it, even in 2017,
and even amongst the many traps and pitfalls the enemy has laid to
ensnare those who will not seek the truth.

But all who press in seeking the truth with a pure and sincere heart
will find it, because God will know they are doing this, and He
personally will lead them to it so they can be saved.
Post by Snit
With that said, there are many Christians who are wonderful
people -- they look to the good in the Bible and try to live morally despite
what is in their holy book. Heck, the current Pope seems mostly moral and
decent.
Saved Christians are born again, guided from within by God's Holy
Spirit. They have spiritual life and are able to discern and understand
the things of the spirit, so they are guided by God rightly in this
world. It means something to them, so they make it real in their life.

It is the reason they are different from the other people in the world.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 18:05:04 UTC
On 5/1/17, 9:32 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Sounds like you have not read it. I know many of the lessons it teaches
are ones I would never follow, and if others did they would belong
in prison.
I have studied the Bible. There are some aspects which cannot be
understood by a natural man because the reasoning behind God's
instruction is spiritual in nature. But all of it is understood
when God's creation is held under the recognition that God is God,
we are His creation, that all people die, and that only God has the
authority to set dates for our birth and our death.
The bible was written by different people over thousands of years, edited
and re-edited over that time, and is of course contradictory and a poor
moral guide.
You ascribe authority to a place it doesn't exist.
Well, nobody knows the specific authors... but it was written over multiple
centuries and edited repeatedly.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is truth, and He has all authority in Heaven and upon the Earth. You
suggest the enemy of God, or man in his fallen state, could in some way
corrupt the Bible and prevent it from being maintained over centuries.
I note the fact that the bible has repeatedly been edited. Heck, even look
at the basics: the ten commandments... there is not just one version. And
many of the stories in the bible are taken from older stories.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Such is not possible, for it is God's own word that was given through men by
His Holy Spirit. Because of that source, it will not be undone.
Yet there are different versions. When your beliefs are contrary to
observable facts then I think it is safe to say you will never support your
view. :)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Those who still seek the truth in 2017 will find it, even in 2017, and even
amongst the many traps and pitfalls the enemy has laid to ensnare those who
will not seek the truth.
But all who press in seeking the truth with a pure and sincere heart will find
it, because God will know they are doing this, and He personally will lead
them to it so they can be saved.
A deity who wants me to do things to save myself from his wrath is evil.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
With that said, there are many Christians who are wonderful people -- they
look to the good in the Bible and try to live morally despite what is in
their holy book. Heck, the current Pope seems mostly moral and decent.
Saved Christians are born again, guided from within by God's Holy
Spirit. They have spiritual life and are able to discern and understand
the things of the spirit, so they are guided by God rightly in this
world. It means something to them, so they make it real in their life.
It is the reason they are different from the other people in the world.
You have a lot of pride in your views.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 18:21:37 UTC
Post by Snit
On 5/1/17, 9:32 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
[...]
You misunderstand. You ascribe editing authority to a place it does
not exist. You suggest man could, through corrupt means, either
intentional or non-intentional, alter what God intended for us in
2017 to receive and know from Him of truth.
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is truth, and He has all authority in Heaven and upon the Earth. You
suggest the enemy of God, or man in his fallen state, could in some way
corrupt the Bible and prevent it from being maintained over centuries.
I note the fact that the bible has repeatedly been edited. Heck, even look
at the basics: the ten commandments... there is not just one version. And
many of the stories in the bible are taken from older stories.
God is the originator. His precepts were given out since creation.
The enemy spirits at work in this world seek ways to make it seem
like God is not the authority because they rebelled against God,
and they lost, and they are already condemned, and they are trying
to harm as many of us as possible, presumably so that if they make
it bloody enough before God (enough of His Creation is lost to sin)
that God will change His mind and save them, and those people who,
through sin, are today lost.

It won't happen. God has appointed a day whereby all sin will be
dealt with, and it is very clear in scripture:

http://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/20.htm
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is
the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was
cast into the lake of fire.

There is no return from that end, which is why God's made a way out,
and warned everybody in advance.
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Such is not possible, for it is God's own word that was given through men by
His Holy Spirit. Because of that source, it will not be undone.
Yet there are different versions. When your beliefs are contrary to
observable facts then I think it is safe to say you will never support your
view. :)
There are different versions. But the true version still remains.
And all who seek the truth and pursue it actively with rigor will
find it. They will not be deceived by the enemy's attempts to
mislead and misguide people seeking the truth.

But for all who only casually pursue the truth, who do not press
in, there are plenty of traps to ensnare them. You cite just a
few.
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Those who still seek the truth in 2017 will find it, even in 2017, and even
amongst the many traps and pitfalls the enemy has laid to ensnare those who
will not seek the truth.
But all who press in seeking the truth with a pure and sincere heart will find
it, because God will know they are doing this, and He personally will lead
them to it so they can be saved.
A deity who wants me to do things to save myself from his wrath is evil.
He only wants you to pursue the truth, so that by so doing you will
find His Son (who is literal truth, such that all truth is based upon
Him and who He is), repent, ask forgiveness and be saved.

He does the rest.

He could not have made it any easier ... and still given you a choice.
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
With that said, there are many Christians who are wonderful people -- they
look to the good in the Bible and try to live morally despite what is in
their holy book. Heck, the current Pope seems mostly moral and decent.
Saved Christians are born again, guided from within by God's Holy
Spirit. They have spiritual life and are able to discern and understand
the things of the spirit, so they are guided by God rightly in this
world. It means something to them, so they make it real in their life.
It is the reason they are different from the other people in the world.
You have a lot of pride in your views.
I have a lot of confidence in God, and in my understanding of scripture.
It has held up to scrutiny over time (my own, and other people's), and
through the Holy Spirit I have received insight into things which have
answered my questions.

He will do the same for you ... IF you press in and seek the truth.

-----
I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm not asking you to believe me.
I am teaching you the truth, and I implore you to go and see for
yourself if I am correct or not. If you do, you'll find that I am
correct, that sin is real, judgment for sin is real, Hell is real,
and that Jesus is the only savior given to man because of what He
did at the cross.

Everyone world-wide who seeks the truth will come to this realization
for themselves, because it requires that God reach in and change
things in their inner core man, invisible things, things only God
can change, to be able to receive and understand it. And all who
are drawn in this way will come to Jesus, repent, ask forgiveness,
and be saved. Everyone else will not.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/john/6-44.htm
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me
draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/jeremiah/29-13.htm
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for
me with all your heart.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/7-7.htm
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you:

It's not about religion. It's not about rules and regulations.
It's not about tithing or belonging to a church.

It's about Jesus Christ. It's personal. It's about us and our
sin, and Him forgiving us for it. It is 1:1 always, though He
then brings us together to become part of a body of Christ, His
workmanship in this world, going out together using the unique
and specialized skills and abilities and gifts He's doled out
to us, so that we, like a body, work together for His purposes.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_corinthians/12.htm
Read the whole page ... it takes in subjects:

(1) Spiritual gifts bestowed -- like our natural gifts,
some being smarter, stronger, faster, people also have
diversity in spiritual gifts, uniquely and specially.

(2) Many members, one body -- Like our bodies with the
specialized parts all working together, yet is it
one body

(3) Spiritual gifts...

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 18:54:28 UTC
On 5/1/17, 11:21 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
On 5/1/17, 9:32 AM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
[...]
What are you even trying to say? You refer to a set of books that has been
written by people, many unknown, and edited by others. What you are trying
to say about those books is a mystery.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is truth, and He has all authority in Heaven and upon the Earth. You
suggest the enemy of God, or man in his fallen state, could in some way
corrupt the Bible and prevent it from being maintained over centuries.
I note the fact that the bible has repeatedly been edited. Heck, even look
at the basics: the ten commandments... there is not just one version. And
many of the stories in the bible are taken from older stories.
God is the originator.
Support?

Rest of your cut-and-paste proselytizing snipped, unread.

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 19:11:33 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is the originator.
Support?
Rest of your cut-and-paste proselytizing snipped, unread.
"Support?" you ask ... you snipped the rest.

It's not cut-and-paste. It's purposefully provided for support so
that the things I say do not come solely from my opinion, but are
the backup defining the things I say as having Biblical authority.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 19:23:13 UTC
On 5/1/17, 12:11 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is the originator.
Support?
Rest of your cut-and-paste proselytizing snipped, unread.
"Support?" you ask ... you snipped the rest.
Yes, I ask you to support your claim about God being an originator of, well,
ANYTHING.

You have offered none.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It's not cut-and-paste. It's purposefully provided for support so
that the things I say do not come solely from my opinion, but are
the backup defining the things I say as having Biblical authority.
Referencing the Bible to support the Bible...

<https://giphy.com/gifs/l4JyVZ3yKSIvf7DHy/fullscreen>'

Does this mean you have no actual support?

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 19:32:05 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is the originator.
Support?
Rest of your cut-and-paste proselytizing snipped, unread.
"Support?" you ask ... you snipped the rest.
Yes, I ask you to support your claim about God being an originator of,
well, ANYTHING.
You have offered none.
I've told you the path to knowing, Snit: Seek the truth.

When you read the Bible with a truth-seeking heart, God Himself gives
you the proof you need. When you stay in your flesh-based "reasoning"
mind ... you are already lost because our flesh is corrupt, and it
does not know the things of God, and can therefore be deceived ...
which it is, by the enemy of God who preys upon that fallen aspect
of our existence.

It's why God's gift is so special. Even though we all sin, are
guilty, yet does God still love us. He's made a way out of all
of it so that we can be redeemed.
Post by Snit
Referencing the Bible to support the Bible...
I reference the Bible to support MY statements. I make claims that
are a particular thing, and I cite the Bible to indicate those things
do not come from me, but are given of God in the Bible, and that I am
accurately conveying them.

-----
For your interest, to find out if the Bible is true or not, seek to
know the truth, and then read it. God Himself will open up your
understanding ... if you are truly seeking the truth.

It's how I came to faith as an atheist in 2004. I wanted to honestly
and truly know what the Bible said so I could refute it and debunk
it. I sought with real passion, and I found the truth, and I was
saved on July 31, 2004, literally nine months to the day from a
dream I had in 2013 where I saw Jesus' eyes in a dream. Totally
freaked me out because I was a devout atheist making the same types
of arguments you are. And I was good at it. I could refute anyone
with my reasoning mind ... but only when I was born again did I
begin to then see where I was wrong, what I had not been knowing or
seeing.

It takes a pursuit of the truth, Snit. If you can do that, you'll
find it.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 19:47:59 UTC
On 5/1/17, 12:32 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
God is the originator.
Support?
Rest of your cut-and-paste proselytizing snipped, unread.
"Support?" you ask ... you snipped the rest.
Yes, I ask you to support your claim about God being an originator of,
well, ANYTHING.
You have offered none.
I've told you the path to knowing, Snit: Seek the truth.
If I told you the Invisible Green Dragon was the path to knowing would you
follow that path?

If not why would you expect me to follow yours?
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
When you read the Bible with a truth-seeking heart, God Himself gives
you the proof you need.
We have already established you know little of the bible... not the
inconsistencies nor the comments about rape and murder.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
When you stay in your flesh-based "reasoning" mind ... you are already lost
because our flesh is corrupt, and it does not know the things of God, and can
therefore be deceived ... which it is, by the enemy of God who preys upon that
fallen aspect of our existence.
So ignore all reason and trust you. Nope. I mean, really, if I told you to
ignore all reason and trust I was telling you the truth of the Invisible
Green Dragon would you accept that?

Of course not. You would know I was being silly... as you are being.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It's why God's gift is so special.
Show it is more special than the gift from the Invisible Green Dragon.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Even though we all sin, are guilty, yet does God still love us. He's made a
way out of all of it so that we can be redeemed.
But you cannot show he is any better than the Invisible Green Dragon. OK.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Referencing the Bible to support the Bible...
I reference the Bible to support MY statements.
So you have no support at all except the book where you claim to get your
ideas but for which you show little understanding or knowledge of it.

What impact do you think that leads to? Making people want to be Christian?
Nope. Such irrationality pushes people away.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I make claims that are a particular thing, and I cite the Bible to indicate
those things do not come from me, but are given of God in the Bible, and that
I am accurately conveying them.
You show no evidence the Bible is what you say it is. None.

Again, did you ever even make it through the following text? If so did it
inspire you to learn about the Invisible Green Dragon or anything else
talked about there?

-----
Some of it literally cannot be reconciled to the natural
understanding only. It seems an impossible contradiction that "a
loving Invisible Green Dragon" could instruct The Monkey Palace to
do some of the things She did.

Easy Cheese uses that flesh-based understanding to trap people into
man's reasoning whereby it's easy to conclude Invisible Green Dragon
is something other than She is. Easy Cheese uses our fallen state
against us because we are weak in our flesh, defeated, in sin, able
to be deceived.

But when we pursue the truth of the matter, and want to know how it
is that Invisible Green Dragon, who is Love, could do such a thing,
command such a thing, teach such a thing, etc., and we press in
wanting to honestly know the truth of that issue ... then She will
draw us to the place we need to go to receive that which we need to
be able to understand it.

Everything comes back to the three-fold nature of man: crystal
spiritual energy, body, ethereal penguin essence. We are ethereal
penguin essenceually dead, and some things of Invisible Green Dragon
can only be understood ethereal penguin essenceually. It is from
within that new nature Abraham Lincoln makes possible for us to have
by taking our sin away that we can then understand those aspects of
Invisible Green Dragon.

Yet other aspects of Invisible Green Dragon our flesh can
understand. We have a legal system. If you break the law you pay the
price in the legal system. With Invisible Green Dragon and Invisible
Green Dragon's laws there is a standard of perfection. So, every
violation of the law demands one punishment for an eternal being
bent on disobeying Invisible Green Dragon (who is truth, which
another way to say that is to say that every violation of the law
demands one punishment for an eternal being bent on not following
what is right and true and proper, but instead is embracing their
own ideas about what is right, even though they do not have the
ability to understand the full depths of the creation of the
universe): The inside of a mule's anus. A place of eternal isolation
with a torment that occupies a crystal spiritual energy for all
time, so they and their false-seeking ideas will never influence
creation again.

It's similar to what we would do with a system we created. If we
made a piece of hardware or designed some software to behave a
certain way, we would instruct each part (by its design) on how to
be, what to do, and what not to do. So long as everything obeyed its
instruction, we would keep the circuit or software in tact. But if
we discovered piece X or piece Y or algorithm Z was doing something
other than we instructed, we would have no qualms with taking that
errant component out, and possibly replacing it with another.

This is what Invisible Green Dragon has done with Her creation, but
on the scale of living peoples, rather than simple hardware or
software.

And to ascribe traits to Invisible Green Dragon that are
inappropriate as the guardian of Her creation is to rise up against
Him concluding that you, oh created one, know better than She does
how Her universe should operate.

Our best teams of PhD scientists are discovering things with the LHC
today that confound the standard model. Our biggest brains do not
yet know what is going on in this universe, and yet we think we have
a handle on things in a way to instruct Invisible Green Dragon on
how things should be? No, sir. We are the students, She is the
master.

Everything Invisible Green Dragon has done is in perfect
understanding, perfect Love, perfect guidance, and perfect focus for
a maximum return on that which She has created and given free will
to: mankind.

Every person who seeks the truth will find it and be saved. The rest
will perish in their sin because they remain in rebellion against
truth, against Him, against everything that is right and holy, and
they will not be a part of Her eternal kingdom for those reasons.

It's all there, Rick ... if you want to seek to understand it. But
if you want to gloss over it, and replace real research and
truth-seeking endeavors with summary conclusions based on your own
personal perceptions about the way things are ... then there is an
enemy of Invisible Green Dragon who will cater to your personal
willingness- to-believe systems. You can go to your grave believing
whatever you want to about all of the things which matter to you.

But if you will simply set your sights on knowing the truth, and
asking within your own inner-most man questions like: "If I am
wrong, then I want to know. If there is another way, then I want to
know. If Abraham Lincoln is real, then I want to know," and if you
really do mean it and aren't just parroting those words in some kind
of mocking response to this message, then Invisible Green Dragon
will know your heart and She will make it possible for you to come
to the truth.

She honors our free will. She knows who are Her, and who will be
Her. And She is already working in the lives of everyone who will
come to believe, such that when their day comes they will be where
they need to be, hearing what they need to hear, so that they too
can be saved.

Invisible Green Dragon really is in control. Easy Cheese has been
defeated. The many lies which exist in this world are overcome by
seeking the truth in all cases (that relate to our pursuit of
salvation). And Abraham Lincoln Christ has made it possible, and
Invisible Green Dragon Himself guides us to each place we need to be
to come to saving faith.

Good luck on your endeavor, Rick. Abraham Lincoln Himself will lead
you to truth ... if you are interested in finding it. If not, then
She also gives the warning that such false-seeking endeavors do come
with a price: condemnation and The inside of a mule's anus-fire.

It's your choice. Seek the truth and be saved ... or perish in The
inside of a mule's anus.
-----
-----

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 19:54:32 UTC
...why would you expect me to follow yours?
I won't draw you in, Snit. I won't convince you. I won't show you
evidence which then you go "Ah-ha! Now I see it," which pushes you
into belief. That will only happen from within as God enables you
to understand it. And that will only come if you truly desire to
know the truth. And if you do truly desire to know the truth, then
hold on tight because the ride you're about to go on ... it will
blow your mind for the rest of your life.

-----
If you are considerate and well-intentioned, then what I've taught
you here will take some time to settle in, Snit. You'll have to
ponder it for a while. Give it some thought and get back to me
in a few days.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 20:35:16 UTC
On 5/1/17, 12:54 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
...why would you expect me to follow yours?
I won't draw you in, Snit.
You keep asking me to accept your world view but the run when I ask you to
support it, giving nothing other than claims you get it from the bible even
as you show you know very little of the bible and give no reason to trust it
anyway.

Then you say I should just not use reasoning.

It is odd.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I won't convince you. I won't show you
evidence which then you go "Ah-ha! Now I see it," which pushes you
into belief. That will only happen from within as God enables you
to understand it.
Same with you and the Invisible Green Dragon.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And that will only come if you truly desire to
know the truth.
Do you desire to know the truth of the Invisible Green Dragon?
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if you do truly desire to know the truth, then
hold on tight because the ride you're about to go on ... it will
blow your mind for the rest of your life.
Can you show it will blow mine more than you learning about the Invisible
Green Dragon?
-----

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 21:25:17 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
...why would you expect me to follow yours?
I won't draw you in, Snit.
You keep asking me to accept your world view
It's not a world view. I'm asking you to seek the truth. I'm
teaching you that Jesus Christ is truth, and that the Bible is
the word of God, is spirit, and is different than other books.

It's not my world view. It's God revealed unto me spiritually.
Post by Snit
but the run when I ask you to
support it, giving nothing other than claims you get it from
the bible even as you show you know very little of the bible
and give no reason to trust it anyway.
Then you say I should just not use reasoning.
It is odd.
Flesh.
Spirit.

The two are different. You can't use an eye to hear, or an ear
to see. Each is of its kind, and perceives its kind.

The things of God are spirit, not flesh, and understanding of the
things of God will not come from the flesh-based understanding you
are seeking.
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if you do truly desire to know the truth, then
hold on tight because the ride you're about to go on ... it will
blow your mind for the rest of your life.
Can you show it will blow mine more than you learning about the
Invisible Green Dragon?
I can't. But my warning is that if you seek the truth God Himself
will show you. And everyone who's been born again that I've ever
spoken to states repeatedly, unendingly, at every instant where
they have the chance: "I cannot believe God saved me. I cannot
believe the change within me. I cannot believe He would care any
about one such as me."

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 22:56:54 UTC
On 5/1/17, 2:25 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
...why would you expect me to follow yours?
I won't draw you in, Snit.
You keep asking me to accept your world view
It's not a world view.
Sure it is.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I'm asking you to seek the truth.
Your world view of what the truth is, though you cannot back it in any way.
Listen, I have had some fun with this but, truly, you are rather immoral in
this pushing of the idea you have the one "true" path. And then you want me
to take you as some sort of authority on the "true" path which you say you
get from the bible but you also show you do not know the bible well. When
faced with that you say to just give up on reason and logic... hardly
convincing!

Meanwhile you refuse to be open to the idea YOU can be wrong but you want
others to be open to the idea that they might. This is hypocritical of you.

To put this into context, though, while I find your actions to be immoral it
is not like you are threatening my family or even doing some of the things I
have talked about truly horrid trolls doing (contacting my employer,
co-workers, clients, etc.). You have made no insinuation you would even
consider such nonsense... so please do not take my noting your immoral
actions as a black and white world view where I think you are equaling such
nonsense: you most certainly are NOT.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I'm teaching you that Jesus Christ is truth, and that the Bible is the word of
God, is spirit, and is different than other books.
It's not my world view. It's God revealed unto me spiritually.
It most certainly is your worldview... and it is one you push as the one and
only one anyone else should accept or they will be damned forever. And that
is just silly.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
but the run when I ask you to
support it, giving nothing other than claims you get it from
the bible even as you show you know very little of the bible
and give no reason to trust it anyway.
Then you say I should just not use reasoning.
It is odd.
Flesh.
Spirit.
The two are different. You can't use an eye to hear, or an ear
to see. Each is of its kind, and perceives its kind.
The things of God are spirit, not flesh, and understanding of the
things of God will not come from the flesh-based understanding you
are seeking.
Comes down to you have an intuition or a feeling that leads you to your
worldview and you are happy with it. Cool! Seriously, it is different than
mine but I have no issue with that.

When you got to pushing the idea that your worldview should be mine, though,
you cross the line into immorality. It is not as if you are noting I am
being rude to someone and think I should re-consider my behavior or the
like, you just want me to adopt your worldview.

Nope. Not going to happen. And you are completely closed to adopting my
worldview (which I have not tried to push on you in any way).

Why expect me to be more open to your view than you are to mine?
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Snit
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And if you do truly desire to know the truth, then
hold on tight because the ride you're about to go on ... it will
blow your mind for the rest of your life.
Can you show it will blow mine more than you learning about the
Invisible Green Dragon?
I can't.
So be it. I am fine with that and will not threaten you with internal
damnation or suggest you will be eaten by a dragon or the like. But that is
what you are doing and it is wrong. You are being immoral (though, as I said
above, it is not like you are being grossly or heavily so... no black and
white world here).
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
But my warning is that if you seek the truth God Himself will show you.
Would you take a warning tied to the Invisible Green Dragon seriously? If
not (and I am sure you would not) why should I take yours seriously? There
is NO reason. None.

Are you able to see that?
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
And everyone who's been born again that I've ever spoken to states repeatedly,
unendingly, at every instant where they have the chance: "I cannot believe
God saved me. I cannot believe the change within me. I cannot believe He
would care any about one such as me."
Well, as much as you are acting immorally I do not see any reason why one
would not care about you! Is your view of your deity one where you find such
things surprising?

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 23:02:19 UTC
[snip]
You sit atop a fixed, rigid, flesh-focused understanding of things.
You are unwilling to consider things of the spirit, that there may be
more than your flesh understands.

So long as you remain at that place, you separate yourself from truth,
from God, and from salvation.

You can change that by seeking the truth, asking within yourself, "If
there is more, I want to know."

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit
2017-05-01 23:48:38 UTC
On 5/1/17, 4:02 PM, in article
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[snip]
You sit atop a fixed, rigid, flesh-focused understanding of things.
You are the one who is pushing an arrogant worldview where you have "truth"
that you cannot support.

I, on the other hand, show no sign of such "fixed" or "rigid" thinking. You
are projecting.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You are unwilling to consider things of the spirit, that there may be
more than your flesh understands.
You are just as unwilling to open yourself to the Invisible Green Dragon.
You are your own worst enemy... doing as you accuse others.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
So long as you remain at that place, you separate yourself from truth,
from God, and from salvation.
See: you pretend you have a monopoly on truth ... but show NO support for
it. Completely arrogant of you. And, to use your own words, it is "a fixed,
rigid, flesh-focused understanding of things". You described yourself when
you used those words.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You can change that by seeking the truth, asking within yourself, "If
there is more, I want to know."
You can ask yourself that and accept the Invisible Green Dragon. But you
won't. You will not do as you suggest others should. That is hypocritical of
you.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Cardinal Basil Hume
2017-05-01 02:59:00 UTC
It matters because only Jesus Christ can take away sin. All who put
their faith in something else retain their sin,
I always thought that you can wipe your sins clean by having sex with
144 nuns. Is this not so? Sex is very important in creation of life
and using nuns is even better. all sins are wiped away from one's
body. I suggest try it and let us know how it feels in your mind.
You will enjoy it.
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 03:07:20 UTC
Post by Cardinal Basil Hume
It matters because only Jesus Christ can take away sin. All who put
their faith in something else retain their sin,
I always thought that you can wipe your sins clean by having sex with
144 nuns. Is this not so?
No. It's not true.
Post by Cardinal Basil Hume
Sex is very important in creation of life
and using nuns is even better. all sins are wiped away from one's
body. I suggest try it and let us know how it feels in your mind.
You will enjoy it.
Original sin is in each of us (spiritual death), but we also have our
own sin. All sin will be judged, and all who have sin will receive
the punishment for sin: eternal damnation.

It is real. It is eternal. There are no do-overs. There is no
possibility of parole for good behavior. It is finite, and it is
eternal. It is the punishment for an eternal being who has rejected
the truth, and all things of the truth, which is to say rejected Jesus
Christ, for He is literal truth (John 14:6).

These messages are taught to people by men and women like me so they
will know the truth. For some it is to lead them in salvation. For
others it will be entered in as evidence in God's Court so there is
no doubt on that final day that time after time after time after time
Jesus was rejected by the person. It will stand as a witness in their
condemnation so that they are without excuse.

-----
Jesus loves His creation (the people). He loves them enough to restore
them to eternal life despite the sin they've done. He loves them enough
to take away our sin and the punishment we deserve for our sin. He loves
us enough to do this despite our guilt.

It's for love He calls out to you. It's for love He sends men and women
like me to teach you these things. And it's for love He went to the
cross to shed His blood in the place of all who will put their faith and
trust in Him, so that they can be redeemed by His willing sacrifice.

But for those who reject Him, they remain under condemnation already,
for they have rejected the only begotten Son of God, the only Savior
God gave us, and their destruction is not lacking, but will be fulfilled
at the proper time.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
Snit

http://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308
Rick C. Hodgin
2017-05-01 03:37:57 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
This message is important for you. It's more important than other things
because you don't know when you're going to die. You can't be saved after
you leave this world. Jesus came here from Heaven. He put on a flesh
body like ours so He could be born and live under our laws before God, and
in that way fulfill the law so that we could be set free from it.

He came here to save us. We must be saved here.

Only here can we receive Jesus, and ask Him to take away our sin, and
actually have our sin taken away by Him.

Only Jesus.
Only here.
Only when we ask Him.
And only when we are born again will we enter in to the Kingdom of Heaven.

It's not about whether you call yourself a Christian or not. It's not
about whether you were baptized or not. It's not about whether or not
you asked Jesus to forgive you or not. It's about the whole package.
Your life will have been changed by true saving faith, such that you
cannot be idle, you cannot be silent, you cannot stand by and watch
those around you perishing without warning them because you know what
it means, and because God's Holy Spirit dwells inside of you, there is
a real urgency to reach out and teach and warn and lift your voice and
sacrifice your reputation by those who are perishing so that you serve
Him and His call, rather than them and their call.

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will bear fruit, and that fruit
will be in keeping with the teaching of the Bible unto holiness and an
ever-increasing pursuit of God in spirit and in truth. More prayer,
more faith, more reading and studying the Bible, more putting off the
things of this world, more putting on the things of God. It is all
evidence of the saved soul, the born again nature, the work of God's
own Holy Spirit in one's life.

If you call yourself a Christian and are not bearing these kinds of
fruit in your life, then you must repent. You must go to God and ask
Him for forgiveness, and ask Him to become the Lord of your life, and
ask Him to guide you in this world, and then you must be obedient to
Him when He gives you opportunities to obey Him.

We are in training. We are being given teachings on how to be. We
are demonstrating to God clearly and categorically who we are, inside
and out, top-to-bottom. There is no aspect of our motives for doing
things in this world that will remain hidden. All will be brought to
light in the end, and God keeps accurate records. What is revealed in
His Court on that final day will be truth, and only truth, exactly as
it was. It will be undeniable, such that each person will self-condemn
themselves into Hell. God will be shown to have reached into each
person's life time and time and time and time and time and time and
time and time again. Over and over. With patience and longsuffering.
In a multitude of ways. Through different people. Over many years.
In many situations.

Every person will be without excuse.

It's why it's so important to listen to this message. Each of us
could have a stroke in the next minute and be summoned before God
for judgment. We must call upon Him today, right now, when we hear
that voice. It's the voice we've heard for a long time, deep down,
growing, speaking, but we've pushed it aside. We've tried to drown
it out with other things. But it is real. And we cannot deny it.

I can tell you that embracing the call of that voice, as it leads
to Jesus Christ, to holiness, to salvation, and to the born again
nature ... there's nothing so rewarding as answering it. It is only
sin and the evil spirit nature at work in our sin that tries to keep
us from it. But the reason we are kept from desiring it is because
within that change, within that "lowering of our defenses" toward God,
comes a real change, a real transformation, such that we literally
become new people.

Many of you will have experienced the change that came over you when
you became a spouse, or a parent to your child. You held that baby
in your arms and you knew deep down that you had been changed. You
were augmented. The old person before the child was gone, and now
the parent was here.

It's so much more than that when you come to faith in Christ. It's
a complete inside-out re-wiring job that changes your core polarity.
You no longer run toward the things of this world, but now you run
toward Jesus. You no longer want the things of this world, but you
care about the things God cares about.

Jesus Christ literally changes hearts and minds. He transforms sinners
into servants of His Holy Kingdom. He does so by His own blood sacrifice
at the cross, and He does so because He commands His Love toward us, that
while we were yet sinners, He died for us.

There is no greater demonstration of love. And there is no greater call
for any human being world-wide than to receive His free gift of salvation.
It is the single most important thing you must do for yourself, for it is
the only thing you can do which will save you from eternal death in Hell,
and give you eternal life: You must come to Jesus, repent, and ask Him
to forgive your sin. He does the rest.

Do you have sin?

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin

PS - If you answered "Yes" then you need a Savior. Jesus is that Savior.
He is the only one ... and because of who He is ... one is enough.